PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Papillon Blue
19-02-2012, 1:38pm
I would like to just say "Hello!" and introduce myself. My name is Deb, and I live in Sydney. My husband gave a camera to me for my birthday three years or so ago (a Cannon 450D), but I am ashamed to say that I haven't really used it as such, just used the auto settings mostly to take pics of the kids. I would like to learn to use it properly, so that I can take better photos of our children, but also so that I can use it to take pictures for work.

I am sure that I am going to learn heaps here and can finally get the camera off auto!

ricktas
19-02-2012, 1:39pm
Welcome to AP. Pull up a chair and join in.

Wayne63
19-02-2012, 2:06pm
Welcome to AP Deb, I have the same camera and starting to experiment with other settings. Enjoy the site and see you in the forums soon

Mary Anne
19-02-2012, 2:14pm
Hello Deb and Welcome to AP..
Your could start by reading through whats on this link New To Photography Book And Forum (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book)
And puts some photos on the Forums for cc that way you will get help from the Members

Papillon Blue
19-02-2012, 2:26pm
Thank you for the welcome! I will post a couple of pics for CC as soon as I can work out how to do it!

ricktas
19-02-2012, 2:29pm
Thank you for the welcome! I will post a couple of pics for CC as soon as I can work out how to do it!

Check the site library : LIBRARY on the main menu, then look in the HOW DO I section for an article on posting and linking photos into the site.

Papillon Blue
19-02-2012, 3:41pm
Check the site library : LIBRARY on the main menu, then look in the HOW DO I section for an article on posting and linking photos into the site.

Thank you! I managed to work it out and I have posted my first pic in the Beginners critique part.

Kym
19-02-2012, 7:29pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!