User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  87

Thread: Time to stick my neck out ........ [Warning: politically adventurous viewpoint lurks within.]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Axford View Post
    Ok Rick, you said "
    I said some men are avoiding employing women to protect themselves from false accusations"
    There implication here that women often make false accusations. Do you mean to say this? There is also an implied threat. Women had best not make accusations or men won't employ them. It also assumes that men will be doing the hiring - though this is usually true currently.
    You are completely misrepresenting what I said. and you know it. Your entire reason for being in this thread is to stir it up. This will be the last time I reply to anything you post in this thread. I am not going to bother being baited for your small minded enjoyment.

One. I did not say often, again you add words to manipulate the conversation. The implication you refer to is in your head.. not my words! I said some men. I have seen it happen. I have watched a great small business disintegrate due to a female staff member making claims of inappropriate behaviour from the male owner. It was splashed in the papers, on the news. Yet once the police got involved, the staff member admitted she made it up, to get back at the male owner, because she wanted a pay rise of more than he was willing to give her. Was this admission ever in the news... nup? Meanwhile his clients abandoned him and his business folded. His other female staff member lost her job.

I have heard, but do not know the facts, around similar also. I have watched the above gentleman have his life destroyed and worked hard to rebuild it. He will not employ females in his new small business.

Yes, women have been inappropriately dealt with by Mr Weinstein, et al, but we are focusing on one side of this (inappropriate action by men towards women) when those men who are victims of women, are being ignored. There is this unwritten concept that inappropriate attention of men by women is just flirting, and that men are supposed to be flattered that a woman is showing some sexual interest in them. That if they told their mates, they response would be 'you lucky bugger'. etc. Yes we had a few men raise their voices about Kevin Spacey.. but again it is about men being inappropriate.

It has gotten to the point in most places that men will not comment on the appearance of a random woman, but if a 'hot' man walks into a cafe, the women will often comment, and this is still seen as OK. I have seen this, repeatedly... and it is still happens. Hot woman walks into a cafe and a male says 'nice boobs', what would be the reaction? Hot Man walks into a cafe and a female says 'nice arse'. The way this is dealt with is not equality.

Where is the equality in all this? Where is the #metoo campaign from the men? Women are portraying themselves as the victims, and I am not willing to believe every word posted in newspapers, on presented on the news. There is always a back-story that involves the information needed to form a good opinion, and the media denies the public that further detail all to often.

So Steve, stop with the manipulation of others posts, to bait people into responding to your manipulations. Write what you want about this reply, as I will be ignoring it. I am not playing your games.
    Last edited by ricktas; 10-02-2018 at 9:33am.