User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Blue Photos?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue Photos?

I have recently purchased a new lens(tamaron 70-200) which has been giving all my photos a blue tinge to them. Which I am fixing by adjusting temp. I would rather not have to do this every photo though. I'm heading to the Zoo today to hopefully get some photos worth posting. Any thoughts on how to fix the blue issues? Also I'm having trouble posting photos? I have lightroom if this helps?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    have you accidentally (or on purpose) changed the white balance setting in your camera?
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Show a sample here.

Sounds like a white balance issue. Set WB on camera to auto, see what happens if it isn't already on auto.
    Make sure nobody has played with your camera body if there are pre-sets for .jpg files if you are shooting jpg and can adjust the saturation per channel. Without knowing what body you have, it is difficult to suggest much lese.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that you will find that the lens is made by Tamron rather than tamaron.

Quote Originally Posted by John Patto View Post
    Any thoughts on how to fix the blue issues?
    Photograph in raw.
    Set a custom white balance in the camera before you go out if your images are looking cold in "normal" daylight or set the white balance to cloudy for an overall warmer look.
    If setting the white balance pre photography doesn't seem to fix the issue then batch process your raw images in lightroom with a warmer white balance to avoid adjusting each photo.

I have never heard of that lens ( I assume it is the reasonably released 70-200 F/2.8 version ) causing colour casts and from the images I have seen from one lens that belongs to Arthur, the colours are very good.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I changed my lens on a shoot to my 50mm for a wider aperture and the result was a blue photo. I changed the lens back and didn't worry about the wide aperture shots and just found new angles with the other lens.
    After the shoot I looked ath the image and because I shoot RAW I could see that the white balance was way off. I then fixed it in PP. I also used auto white balance so fixing it to suit the conditions should fix the problem.
    Mat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] K-x, Sigma 18 - 125, Vivitar 100 - 300, RICOH KR10Super & KR10M (film), Filters, Tubes
    Flickr, RedBubble, Facebook

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Patto View Post
    ...... Also I'm having trouble posting photos?
    Worth the time to digest this (5 to 10 minutes should set you up for life ).
    http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for..._forum_threads

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, White balance was set to custom, Doh!