Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Anyone have CS4? Startup file corrupted - need copy

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have CS4? Startup file corrupted - need copy

My computer suffered a disastrous crash after a recent power outage caused by an explosion in the local junction box. I now have a new HDD and most data recovered but need to reinstall Creative Suite 4 (standard set. I have the DVDs but the setup file will not run, it just keeps quitting. Does anyone have this program so I can get a copy of the file or borrow the disks or whatever. I cannot find any way to email Adobe and ask if they can send me one or where I can download it.

Any help / advice / tips most appreciated.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't usually recommend this but:

*you cannot recommend this* : The site rules

[17] Information regarding illegal activity may neither be requested nor discussed. Members are not to discuss/promote or otherwise disseminate information regarding any illegal activity. Discussion of any illegal activities – be they criminal or civil – is unacceptable. This includes requests for software copyright infringement, discussion or promotion of software copyright infringement, or requesting/providing access to serial number generation software, or download information regarding potential copyright infringement of software, but is not limited to these.
    Last edited by ricktas; 10-05-2013 at 3:00pm.
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's bad! - On all counts, but don't despair for much longer, I found the link below by Googling
    "Adobe CS4 Support". (I haven't tried it, though, I mean, what would I say?,"Oh, look Odille has this problem...")
    Anyway, hope it helps.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=photoshop
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops. My bad, those are only updates.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a site offering the trials. You'll need your serial to get it to work.

http://prodesigntools.com/download-adobe-cs4-and-cs3-free-trials-here.html
    Last edited by MissionMan; 10-05-2013 at 9:55pm.

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissionMan View Post
    Oops. My bad, those are only updates.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a site offering the trials. You'll need your serial to get it to work.

http://prodesigntools.com/download-a...ials-here.html
    I tried there - the mac ones just go to an error message, whether you are logged in to Adobe or not. Thanks anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, just wondering if you are still trying to load that dreaded CS4. When I first installed my copy, it took me two days to get the setup working without quitting on me. I then unistalled it when I got my D7000 and upgraded to CS5 but after installing it I found it didn't run on a 32 bit system and I was worse off, so I uninstalled CS5 and tried to reistalled CS4 and you guessed it, it kept on quitting on me during setup. It took about half a day this time. I found some notes I jotted down after installing it the last time. This is what I wrote,

When instaling Master Collection
    *open folders
    *right mouse click - Autorun and then open

If this does not work try opening set up first.

I hope this helps. I know it is a matter of just keep on trying. If that doesn't work, let me know and we can try something else.

I know how frustrating it is

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kurra View Post
    Hi, just wondering if you are still trying to load that dreaded CS4. When I first installed my copy, it took me two days to get the setup working without quitting on me. I then unistalled it when I got my D7000 and upgraded to CS5 but after installing it I found it didn't run on a 32 bit system and I was worse off, so I uninstalled CS5 and tried to reistalled CS4 and you guessed it, it kept on quitting on me during setup. It took about half a day this time. I found some notes I jotted down after installing it the last time. This is what I wrote,

When instaling Master Collection
    *open folders
    *right mouse click - Autorun and then open

If this does not work try opening set up first.

I hope this helps. I know it is a matter of just keep on trying. If that doesn't work, let me know and we can try something else.

I know how frustrating it is
    Thanks for that, I'll give it a go, but I'm pretty sure the actual file is corrupted, that's what it is telling me. I've tried a few work rounds but still no go and I have photos ot process and I wanted to enter a comp and now it is closed, and it looks like I'm going to miss the entry date for the PANO awards too - it's very frustrating

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still need this. Doesn't ANYONE on here have CS4 for a Mac? I am dying of frustration here.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Odille. A quick search and I found these. Trial and extra content for heaps of versions of PS and others. Just download the trial, use the setup file and your keys

or even better, direct from the Adobe FTP : ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/mac/
    Last edited by ricktas; 08-06-2013 at 8:55am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Odille. A quick search and I found these. Trial and extra content for heaps of versions of PS and others. Just download the trial, use the setup file and your keys

or even better, direct from the Adobe FTP : ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/mac/
    The first site is the one I cannot get into. When I go to the indicated file (CS Design Standard / Trial / File 1) I just get a 404 error. My friend Brett in Tassie tried to do it for me, he has a PC but was going to download it to disc for me, but he got a 404 error too.

Downloading the cs4 folder from the second one but at first glance it does not have startup.app file, so I'll probably still be up that particular creek without a paddle.

Let you know.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wonderbaring: have you tried to "Contact Us..." Adobe support by email?
    Am.

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    Just wonderbaring: have you tried to "Contact Us..." Adobe support by email?
    Am.
    So far I've never managed to get to an actual email address, it just sends you round in circles to their forum, where all the answers send me back to the page Rick quoted, with assurances it works! I've left a couple of phone messages too. It is very, very frustrating. I KNOW there must be copies of CS4 out there in people's cupboards!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a pest! I wish I could help!?! FWIW, they were giving away free versions of CS2 - a friend got one and installed it and it works like a charm.
    But it's CS2?!?
    Am.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On 11th June I asked a friend for a favour as they use Mac. I got a copy of the entire startup.app folder from their CS4 disk, and then uploaded it to the AP server and sent Odille a PM giving her the link to where it was. I simply asked that once she downloaded it, that she reply to the PM and let me know so I could remove it from the server. Odille read the PM on 12th June @ 4.41am. No reply.

Earlier today (8.44am), I sent her another PM asking if it had worked and to let me know so I could remove the files from the AP server. She read that PM at 10.22 am this morning. Again no reply

I have now removed all the startup.app files from the AP server.

I find this really quite sad that although I went out of my way to assist, no reply, no acknowledgement of my efforts was made. I have no idea if what I offered resolved the issue or not, but a simple PM reply was all that I asked for. My attempts to assist with this thread are done!
    Last edited by ricktas; 15-06-2013 at 2:21pm.

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick, I have replied to BOTH of those PMs - so what is going on?

- - - Updated - - -

I worked out why you do not have my answers, I did not see the message that my box was full and I had to delete some messages before I could send anything. Sorry.

I did reply to both, or so I thought, but that message must have come up and I didn't notice.

The downloaded files did not work as I had to download the components and the CS4 loader won't run. When I right clicked on startup.app and said Download to file, it just downloaded the link back to your file on here. So it will still be find a disc somewhere..

Thanks you VERY MUCH for taking the trouble to try to help, and apologies again for my being so stupid.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    Rick, I have replied to BOTH of those PMs - so what is going on?

- - - Updated - - -

I worked out why you do not have my answers, I did not see the message that my box was full and I had to delete some messages before I could send anything. Sorry.

I did reply to both, or so I thought, but that message must have come up and I didn't notice.

The downloaded files did not work as I had to download the components and the CS4 loader won't run. When I right clicked on startup.app and said Download to file, it just downloaded the link back to your file on here. So it will still be find a disc somewhere..

Thanks you VERY MUCH for taking the trouble to try to help, and apologies again for my being so stupid.
    thanks Odille. I hope you do get this sorted out. Spose this is one of the downsides of using Mac, PC users are far more prevalent and when issues like this arise the solution is often easier to find.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something's not falling into place. Odille, searching Adobe for some support is not easy, but after a while I
    found the link below.
    http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html
    I'd say that you'd have to get to correspond with somebody there.
    Am(sitting with legs crossed - and fingers).