Thread: Wide Angle Dreaming

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite happy with my stitching solution (50 F1.8), I prefer to really work and control the distortion and DOF to my shooting advantage in using a wide angle. Not doing a huge number of parks (Western Co/East Utah, so Archers, Canyonlands, Co Nat Monument, and Great Sand Dunes), if we get out there (if storms are forecasting in the Alley this becomes a secondary objective, we are primarily stormchasers on our trip), and if necessary I can hike closer too. Really not a fan of superzooms, would rather carry a 50 F1.8 and a Wide Angle (my usual hiking/exploration kit). If I need a telephoto length I just go to a 70-300 VR if I really need telephoto lengths.

Basically now considering selling the Sigma off (keeping it was a bit of a luxury) and seeing if I can shift my D40 body, and using that to offset the price of a 14-24 F2.8. So if anyone wants to offload one look me up :P. Will keep hunting. Thanks for all the advice and info guys.
    John
    Nikon D800, D700, Nikkor 14-24 F2.8, 24-70mm F2.8, 50mm F1.8D, 70-200mm F2.8 VRII, Manfrotto 190XB with Q5 PM Head,
    SB-900,600, portable strobist setup & Editing on an Alienware M14x with LR4 and CS5 and a Samsung XL2370 Monitor.

Stormchasing isn't a hobby...its an obsession.
    For my gallery and photography: www.emanatephotography.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebadir View Post
    Quite happy with my stitching solution (50 F1.8), I prefer to really work and control the distortion and DOF to my shooting advantage in using a wide angle. Not doing a huge number of parks (Western Co/East Utah, so Archers, Canyonlands, Co Nat Monument, and Great Sand Dunes), if we get out there (if storms are forecasting in the Alley this becomes a secondary objective, we are primarily stormchasers on our trip), and if necessary I can hike closer too. Really not a fan of superzooms, would rather carry a 50 F1.8 and a Wide Angle (my usual hiking/exploration kit). If I need a telephoto length I just go to a 70-300 VR if I really need telephoto lengths.
    You are going to miss the 3 best Parks: Grand Canyon, South Rim; Yellowstone; Yosemite; and my favorite Pinnacles National Monument.

Check my pictures if you want: http://www.assuredphoto.com/photocart/

* removed- site rule breach- trading of gear is not allowed on AP, including hiring*
    Last edited by ricktas; 22-03-2011 at 8:00am.