Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by axle01 View Post
    Just picked up on this thread and I have just ordered a Sony A7s last week, I was in Bris/Syd/Mel over the Christmas and I went into every major camera shop in the 3 cities wanting to purchase one and only 1 shop had a demo one in stock, so when I came back to Townsville I approached 1 of our local camera shops and the price was cheaper than in the 3 big cities.

I am not ditching my Nikon gear to replace it with the Sony but adding it to my gear as it has very good low light and also good for astro.

I'll be using my Nikon lenses on it and maybe purchase a 55mm Sony lens for the convenience.
    Just been told I'll have the A7s this week, actually 2, one I'm sending to be Astro modded and one for general photography, I also got a 55 lens a 14mm samyang and a gircular fisheye, I'm impatently waiting.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just been told I'll have the A7s this week, actually 2, one I'm sending to be Astro modded and one for general photography, I also got a 55 lens a 14mm samyang and a gircular fisheye, I'm impatently waiting.
    My 2 A7s cameras arrived and I sent one to America to be Astro modded and hopefully should have it back in about 2 weeks.

Sorry I bought the circular fisheye, it gives a circular image sure but it only gives you a image of about a 20c piece on a sticky notepad, so I have to crop top and sides to get a reasonable image.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Sony A7s arrived back from America after being modified for Astro complete with 95 percent cloud cover and 2 cyclones off the Queensland coast.

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Sony A7s arrived back from America after being modified for Astro complete with 95 percent cloud cover and 2 cyclones off the Queensland coast.
    Nikon sold their soul to the weather gods. They are prepared to do anything to prevent people switching