Thread: What to take?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you've made a good choice, those are the lenses I would have suggested.

A couple of other points FYI -

> You mentioned in your OP that you think that your Camera Backpack meets the requirements for Carry-On, I assume you meant "size": be aware that many Airlines have a weight limit. My Slingshot bag has been weighed quite often in the last two years: Air New Zealand and Qantas for International here and Ryanair in Europe.

> Regarding your desire to have some smaller/lighter lenses fr your D750: I suggest to think wider than a lens and consider a quality Mirrorless with a quality Zoom Lens - and that's your back up camera.

My personal 'travel kit', like my soup, has been reduced, reduced, reduced... last few trips being: (Canon) EOS 5D Series Body; Battery Grip; 24 to 105/4 IS Zoom; 35/1.4; and second camera: (Fuji) x100s - OR - EOS M5; EF-M 11-22; EF-M to EF Lens Adapter.

Provided I have a fast 35 Prime, I don't have much need for my F/2.8 Zooms when on holiday, as you mentioned they're heavy, additionally any Canon 70 to 200 Lens is white, which I prefer not to use when I am on holiday.

WW

Post Script:
    Just noticed Glenda mentioned Carry-On weight.
    Being curious I just checked Qantas International Carry-On, it is 7kgs per item.
    Note that Economy, one Carry-On item is allowed. In premium Economy one can use two smaller Carry-On bags, 7kgs each.
    That's a weight reduction, I think I was allowed 10kgs per Carry-On item, last year.
    But the main point is - they are weighing it more often and that can be at boarding, if that's the case one can be on an hiding to nothing, with little leverage.

REF [LINK]
    Last edited by William W; 15-12-2018 at 4:06pm. Reason: Added PS