Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EIZO Monitors - where to buy?

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIZO Monitors - where to buy?

I'm looking for a 'lower end' EIZO monitor. I've come to this conclusion after HOURS of internet research - forums and camera review websites...

The monitors I am considered are:

Eizo Flexscan Foris FS2333 23 Inch LCD Monitor ($480) 16:9

Eizo EV2336W 23 Inch Widescreen FlexScan LCD Monitor ($505) 16:9

Eizo EV2436W 24 Inch Widescreen FlexScan LCD Monitor ($730) 16:10 --< seems best but the price is a tad too much.

If anyone can point me to somewhere I can get an EIZO at a great price... in Australia of course... I'm all ears.
    Gear: Panasonic Lumix FZ200 / Huawei Mate 20 / LR 5, PSE 12, Da Vinci resolve

"I may be crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with that.
    The brand is retailed through many photography dedicated establishments and their prices are all very similar and then you will find it at a few monitor specific retailers as well as some computer gear shops.
    Eizo don't have a huge presence in Australia but I feel that their prices have dropped in real terms over the years as they attempt to gain sales.
    The Foris monitor appears to be aimed at gaming with faster refresh rates and a lower price point, I haven't seen anything about them in relation to photographic work.

If you do buy one you will probably never regret it, after you brought up the subject I looked at the info panel on ours which was bought with about 400 hours use on it and it now has over 13,000 trouble free hours -----
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree with Andrew ^. Not available everywhere, so you will have to seek out selective retailers, and thus, the prices are not going to come down a lot even with a bit of haggling. They know you cannot go next door to JB or HN and get it cheaper. Eizo do make great monitors, but in recent years we have seen a lot of high quality monitors being produced from others. The cheaper end of the monitor market has crept up in quality, while Eizo has not really crept up by the same level of progress, and thus the difference in monitor quality is now a lot less.

Still worth buying, but their prices do need to come down a bit more, as the quality margin has closed up.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im looking at a new computer build and need an IPS monitor in this price bracket so any other suggestions from people that KNOW (rather than have 'heard' ) would be welcome...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dell ultrasharp. They have sales about once a month so if you're not in a hurry you can save a few hundred $.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son bought an EIZO but not sure where he purchased it - I do know it was in Australia, it wasn't cheap but he loves it. I will ask him when I ring him tomorrow.
    CAMERA: Nikon D800, Nikon D7000
    LENSES: AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Macro, Sigma 10 - 20mm F/4 - 5.6, Sigma 150 - 500mm F/5 - 6.3 APO DG OS, Nikkor 18 - 200mm F/3.5 - 5.6 VRII,
    Sigma 70 - 200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron SP 24 - 70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD, Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG, Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm F/4 ED VR, Nikkor AF-S 200-500 f/5..6E ED VR
    MY WEBSITES: www.nawimages.com, http://nelliewajzerphotography.smugmug.com/, http://NellieWajzerPhotography.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.imagescience.com sell a range of Eizo and NEC screens.
    Last edited by hakka; 20-04-2014 at 1:37am.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I saw image science and was wondering if anyone was cheaper.

The NECs are the other option but they seem pretty much matched spec for spec at a price point with the Eizo monitors.

If anyone knows of a website comparing these brands (objectively) or could offer personal experience in that $ range (say $700 max) that would be really helpful.

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Dell U2713H is a great monitor and gets a good write up. Very happy with it!

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I ended up going for the EIZO EV2436W, for just $651 plus just $17 freight. Two other retailers $730 and $729.

If anyone is looking to buy an EIZO contact me privately and I can point you to where I got it. I think its against forum rules for me to say so publicly at this point...?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by landyvlad View Post
    Thanks. I ended up going for the EIZO EV2436W, for just $651 plus just $17 freight. Two other retailers $730 and $729.

If anyone is looking to buy an EIZO contact me privately and I can point you to where I got it. I think its against forum rules for me to say so publicly at this point...?
    Yes, until you have 30 days membership, and you have been told so privately as well. But also be aware the site rules apply to the personal message system as well. So again, I suggest you read the site rules...more carefully!
    Last edited by ricktas; 22-04-2014 at 10:09pm.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if anyone cares ask me a week from now. Thanks for the clarification ricktas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of the above mentioned Eizos are worth buying for photo editing, since they are not aimed at photo editing etc.

You would have been much better off buying a Dell 24' or 27' with Premier Color, allowing for better colours and Adobe RGB coverage if need be. For the same price as these entry level Eizos.

The way I see those monitors above, is like having a Ferrari badge, without the actual engine.
    Commercial/Editorial/Wedding work - www.jackietranphoto.com
    Travel Photography - www.wanderingasianguy.com

Broncolor lights up my world.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JM is right in that this model Eizo is not specifically targeted to photo editing(as their high end screens are), the main spec factor is in the 16miollion colour capability of the panel.

But in saying this, it seems to calibrate well(default settings appear to be way out by comparison) which is an important step in general all round photo use.
    And as already said, the price premium seems to be a bit high, considering there is a ton of similarly capable IPS screens available for much less money.

One review I've seen of this monitor is summed up this way:

"EV2436W is actually one of the best IPS monitors we have tested in the mid-range price segment"
    So it seems the monitor is one of the better ones in it's class(which you would hope).
    But as already said, a similarly priced Dell, would have given the option for a wider colour gamut 1 billion colours.
    Whether you would make effective use of the ability to render closer to aRGB colours on your monitor is questionable tho.

The next question is, do you have a calibration device?
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I did a heap of research and ended up with the Eizo. No doubt the Dells are good too. Doesn;t matter now as I bought the Eizo.

Calibration device... no. I was hoping I might be able to borrow one from somebody in Brisbane ?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah I did a heap of research and ended up with the Eizo. No doubt the Dells are good too. Doesn;t matter now as I bought the Eizo.

Calibration device... no. I was hoping I might be able to borrow one from somebody in Brisbane ?
    Considering you need to calibrate regularly ( I do mine monthly), you are better off buying your own.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    to add. I actually investigated buying some calibrators for AP and renting them out to the members, but under the conditions of use agreement in the packages of these devices is a clause saying they cannot be used on multiple computers, that they are for licensed for use on a limited number of monitors. So borrowing one and installing the software (you need to enter a CD key) could invalidate the licence.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not want to hear that considering my now very limited budget and still want a tripod OK let's hear recommendations for affordable but adequate calibrators please

Photo Bizarro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my Eizo monitor on ebay with only a couple hundred hours on it, I've had it for a couple of years now and with over 3000 hours I'm still loving it.

For calibration I use a DataColor Spyder3 Express, and while it's in the lower end of the market I've found it to be quite adequate for my use.
    My name is John.
    www.jrfraser.com

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I did not want to hear that considering my now very limited budget and still want a tripod OK let's hear recommendations for affordable but adequate calibrators please
    http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...ration-Devices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast