Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canon: No more servicing in brisbane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon: No more servicing in brisbane

I dutifully rang Canon this morning on the Brisbane number (07) 3909 5000 to check and make sure they still provide a sensor cleaning service for 50.00 walkin because my 50D has a heap of dust bunnies breeding on the sensor.

The man I spoke to assured me that yes they do provide that service and I could bring it in this morning and have it done. WRONG. I went to Southgate Avenue to be greeted by a locked door and big fat sign saying "As of July 1st 2010.....we no longer have a Canon camera service centre in Brisbane. Gone, gone, gone as of July 1st.

Annoyed, I rang the Courier service bell and down came a receptionist to open the doors and give me the good news...She says the phone call diverted to their Sydney office and there would have been a pre recorded message advising me that this call would be diverted to Sydney now the Brisbane Service office is no longer in existence.. WRONG.

So, there you have it. If you want CANON to do any work on your CANON camera you have to send it to Sydney or Melbourne...how long to remove dust bunnies and return it ? Oh about 3-4 WEEKS she says.. would u like the address.. NO thanks.

I will try to locate someone else in Brisbane who does this basic customer service for CANON users with bunnies... good luck with that
    Comments and CC welcome..

Gear: Canon 6D & 1Ds Cameras l Canon EF 17-40mm F 4.0 L USM l Canon EF 24-105mm F4.0 L IS USM l Canon EF 70 - 200 F4.0 L USM Lenses I Manfrotto Tripods I Adobe Photoshop CS6 l Lightroom 3.0 I Lee Filters

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust 1871 - 1922

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do it yourself!!

NTP to the rescue... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...ad.php?t=24526

regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    andersons in capalaba
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    andersons in capalaba
    Yes sir, they do do it but they charge 125-165 for my 50D depending on "how dirty it is" . Here is a contact link: They say bring it in before 12.00am and come back in a couple of hours to pick it up.

Guess I have to wear that and go to Andersons-

http://www.andersoncamera.com.au/And...ntact%20Us.htm

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    Do it yourself!!

NTP to the rescue... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...ad.php?t=24526

Thanks for the Info Kym but I would screw it up being a do gooder Social Worker with NO practical use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm, I think photo continental do it also, not sure on that

Or, you can di it yourself, I got myself a dust aid kit and have done mine a few times now, no dramas.

If I with my 5 fingers and two thumbs can do this, you can

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good PR for Canon i Qld, gee that is a big difference in cost!

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David, it is not hard to do yourself. When I bought the stuff to do the 20D & 30D it cost me about $25 - and you get enough for several cleans.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agree, it is not hard to do yourself. David, see if you cannot find another Brisbane AP member who cleans their own sensor, and arrange to catch up with them for a lesson. Once you have done it, you will wonder why you spent money paying for it to be done.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, i find that hard to beleive, but there you go. even little old adelaide has a nikon service centre. I'm with Harrier, bad PR. How hard is it to find a contractor for this kind of thing? you may, as suggested, be better off doing this yourself, but what do the pro's do when in need of such a service for their cameras?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info - I too have a 30d that is in need of a sensor clean - I will have to give it a go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So where does your canon go for warrenty work??..
    We didnt inherit this land, we merely borrow it from our Children

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hijack your thread but I too was going to take my 30D into Canon Brisbane for a sensor clean this week - thanks for letting us all know!!
    Now that I will have to do it myself - what brand/gear are you all using to do it. I have a 5DmkII and a 30D so I know I will need two different size sensor swabs but is there a particular brand thats better than the others? Wheres the best and most reasonably priced place to buy it?

Cheers,

HappySnap

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappySnap View Post
    Wheres the best and most reasonably priced place to buy it?
    I reckon site sponsor Stu, from Quality Cameras could get the exact kit you need to your post box from Perth quicker than you could get one sent from Brisbane.

He has a pretty detailed listing of the copperhill range of cleaning products at --- http://www.qualitycamera.com.au/copp...7481409a4662d7
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papou View Post
    So where does your canon go for warrenty work??..
    You have to send it Sydney or Melbourne.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    I reckon site sponsor Stu, from Quality Cameras could get the exact kit you need to your post box from Perth quicker than you could get one sent from Brisbane.

He has a pretty detailed listing of the copperhill range of cleaning products at --- http://www.qualitycamera.com.au/copp...7481409a4662d7
    Thanks guys for the suggestions;I PAID for it 125.00 and was happy to do so to be sure it was done right and they showed me before and after pics and oh my. yeah it needed a clean.

I think nxt time I will get the cleaning kit and see if Dave or Kane or Allann or someone can walk me through my first go at it because doing it via the pro's is fine but a bit exy.

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser DAdeGroot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darn, that's a bugger about Canon David. Mind you, I had mixed results the last time I took mine in - the 30D came out clean as a whistle (and it was dust bunny heaven beforehand), but the 5DII came out with residual dustbunnies (far less than it went in with, but it wasn't, and still isn't, clean).
    Dave

http://www.degrootphotography.com.au/
    Canon EOS 1D MkIV | Canon EOS 5D MkII | Canon EOS 30D | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM | Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM | Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM | Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L & some non-L lenses.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAdeGroot View Post
    Darn, that's a bugger about Canon David. Mind you, I had mixed results the last time I took mine in - the 30D came out clean as a whistle (and it was dust bunny heaven beforehand), but the 5DII came out with residual dustbunnies (far less than it went in with, but it wasn't, and still isn't, clean).
    Are you going to go down the DIY road then Dave ?

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took mine to Canan last time too... .I am nervously awaiting when I need to do mine next as I will give it a go myself.
    Critique and comments welcomed on my images!

www.philrettkephotography.com
    http://www.flickr.com/philrettke

Canon EOS 5D MKII x 2 | Ef 70-200mm f2.8L IS II USM | Ef 16-35mm f2.8L II | Ef 180mm f/3.5L macro | Ef 24-70mm f/2.8L | Adobe Photoshop CS3 extended | Digital Photo Professional | Photomatix Pro 3 | Adobe Lightroom 2.3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can vouch for Andersens work - they did my (very) dusty D100 two weeks back in just 1.5 hrs since I was going away on hols. Nearly $150 though. For my D100, I've read that I require the AC power adapter to lock the mirror up so that I could do my own but not sure if I want to go that route or not.
    Last edited by GlennSan; 07-07-2010 at 6:22pm.
    The world is an AMAZING place . . .
    flickr :: panoramio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast