User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8

Thread: CS2 Free download

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CS2 Free download

Has anyone tried the CS2 free download & how did you go loading it may try it myself when my available usage is renewed

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While CS2 is a few generations back, it is a very useful program and in its day cost over $1600.00. I know, because I couldn't afford it and had to make do with Elements! You can't go wrong with it.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also remember that Adobe do not update their old version beyond a certain point and this means that RAW files from newer cameras will not be able to be processed using CS2. You will need to use the software that came with your camera, another software (current version of Lightroom for example) or use the Adobe DNG converter to change your RAW files from their current format to .DNG raw format, so that you can open them in CS2.

Having said that CS2 has most of the features of the current version of PS, you just miss things like an improved panoramic merging engine, the content aware fill tool etc. But CS2 is a damn powerful bit of software and for free, you cannot really go wrong.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please note: The CS2 download is NOT a free for all, it's just the EXISTING license holders can download and install without doing the registration thing!
    The reason is that Adobe are retiring the CS2 license server.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Kym said. There was another thread about this very thing but I can't find it.
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't suppose anyone has tried these downloads? I tried InDesign CS2 and it installed fine using the supplied activation code. I have CS6 and have never had CS2. I went from CS to CS3 and skipped CS2. Maybe someone with no Adobe at all could give it a try. I didn't bother downloading Photoshop CS2.

InDesign is showing the activation code in the About InDesign pop-up.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone, I think I will just try for Lightroom a little further down the track

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    I don't suppose anyone has tried these downloads? I tried InDesign CS2 and it installed fine using the supplied activation code. I have CS6 and have never had CS2. I went from CS to CS3 and skipped CS2. Maybe someone with no Adobe at all could give it a try. I didn't bother downloading Photoshop CS2.

InDesign is showing the activation code in the About InDesign pop-up.
    What's the link for this?
    Am.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    What's the link for this?
    Am.
    http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ta Warbler. I don't remember seeing this site, but then my memory...
    Am.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    Ta Warbler. I don't remember seeing this site, but then my memory...
    Am.
    Sorry. What were we talking about again?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guffw!

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've installed it on Windows. It installed as a 32 bit app but still works fine and integrates with LR4.x . Been running with it about a week now and no issues so far, touch wood. Like Rick says, you miss some of the lustre items in the newer release but from what I used when running the trial version of CS5 I don't feel I am missing much and for free it is fantastic. Couldnt afford to buy the current version. It is every bit as good as my install of PSE 9 with the added bonus I can create actions now.

The rendering from the PS engine seems to be almost as good and I still find I can process to a sharper image than in PSE and LR - the only thing I do miss a little from the trial version I had is when you add styles to in a layer, I am pretty sure you get the list of the enable styles listed below the layer - in CS2 you have to go back into the layer styles dialog to see what is enabled or adjust etc. But a small sacrifice to pay.

It is a fabulous piece of software for free, it is a pity it wasn't made available before I purchased PSE 9 :-(
    Last edited by mikew09; 18-01-2013 at 5:28pm.
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see it worked okay. If you get past 30 days, then it'll be fine I'd reckon.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikew09 View Post
    I've installed it on Windows. It installed as a 32 bit app but still works fine and integrates with LR4.x . Been running with it about a week now and no issues so far, touch wood. Like Rick says, you miss some of the lustre items in the newer release but from what I used when running the trial version of CS5 I don't feel I am missing much and for free it is fantastic. Couldnt afford to buy the current version. It is every bit as good as my install of PSE 9 with the added bonus I can create actions now.

The rendering from the PS engine seems to be almost as good and I still find I can process to a sharper image than in PSE and LR - the only thing I do miss a little from the trial version I had is when you add styles to in a layer, I am pretty sure you get the list of the enable styles listed below the layer - in CS2 you have to go back into the layer styles dialog to see what is enabled or adjust etc. But a small sacrifice to pay.

It is a fabulous piece of software for free, it is a pity it wasn't made available before I purchased PSE 9 :-(
    You might like to read this.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/adrianki...ions-for-free/
    The age of entitlement isn't over, it's just over there where you can't get to it.
    When several possibilities exist, the simplest solution is the best.
    "There are no rules" Bruce Barnbaum, The art of Photography
    Graham

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    Glad to see it worked okay. If you get past 30 days, then it'll be fine I'd reckon.
    I put in the lic code provided and none of the ususal prompts about expirery - I have valid licences for LR4 and PSE9 so I think I qualify - fingers crossed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agb View Post
    Thats is confusing and a bit contradictory from I make of it, this comment is in the text.

"If you have a digital creative streak but your budget doesn’t extend far enough to buy Adobe’s Creative Suite applications, this is for you. Adobe have made available an array of applications from its Creative Suite 2 bundle — for free".

The way I read it you can use for free as one of the individual items but not the full creative suite. See how this pans out. I cant see it doing them out of any sales to be honest. PSE is not a bad product but the renderer is ordinary and it is problematic with LR if integrated and not seamless like PS. PSE has a nasty effect of forcing your LR develop mode to continually refresh - bloody annoying. To be honest I only ever used PSE for cloning and digital frames once I upgraded to LR4.x.

See what happens in a month or so hey ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. I didn't realise how outdated the software I was using was...

I just went to reinstall my copy of creative studio and was surprised that it was actually version 2.0. Lol, and here I was thinking I had nifty software, must be time for an upgrade (except I got my copy for free when I was a web design teacher, and now I am no such thing!)
    Cass
    I switched my camera off auto in November 2012, and I have been busy reading and learning and practicing ever since.
    My kit is basic: Canon 1000D (two kit lenses) + 50mm f/1.8 + a tripod/monopod + Lightroom4