Thread: Canon EF 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 DO IS USM Lens

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Regular Brian500au's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Elvie - I have to agree with Tony. If you are going to pony up for a 70-300 lens then I would strongly suggest the 70-300L. It is a stellar lens in every way - I personally own one, and like Tony, it does not see the light of day much (as I have it covered in other focal lengths). Where it does out do any other lens I own is as a tele walk around lens, and it is the first lens I pack when I am about to travel abroad.

The only other lens I would consider in this focal range would be one of the three available 70-200L lenses - with the advantage of being constant F4 aperture.

If $$$ are playing a role in your decision - keep an eye on both Ebay and Gumtree, although the latter is less safe unless you are personally inspecting and picking up the lens before you pay.
    www.kjbphotography.com.au

1DxII, EOS R, 200-400 f4L Ext, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L II, 70-200 F4IS, 24-70 F2.8 II, 16-35 F4IS

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian500au View Post
    Hi Elvie - I have to agree with Tony. If you are going to pony up for a 70-300 lens then I would strongly suggest the 70-300L. It is a stellar lens in every way - I personally own one, and like Tony, it does not see the light of day much (as I have it covered in other focal lengths). Where it does out do any other lens I own is as a tele walk around lens, and it is the first lens I pack when I am about to travel abroad.

The only other lens I would consider in this focal range would be one of the three available 70-200L lenses - with the advantage of being constant F4 aperture.

If $$$ are playing a role in your decision - keep an eye on both Ebay and Gumtree, although the latter is less safe unless you are personally inspecting and picking up the lens before you pay.
    Hi Brian,
    Thanks for your reply to my help for selecting the right lens. I think I am going for the 70-300L I will check out all the details again then make my order.
    Regards Elvie