Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Sarge,

I agree we ought to do this more often. It's pretty easy to organize really. Pick a location at the right time of day and all is good.

This is an invaluable tool: photoephemeris.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Well it turned out to be a fantastic morning with some pretty nice calm conditions for reflections. Thought I would put up a couple here just to show what it was like for those who couldn't make it (or slept in).

Thanks once again for organising this Wayne, I really enjoyed the morning and reckon we should do it more often!
    "Nature photography is about choosing a location, crawling through dirt, being bitten by insects and occasionally taking a great image". - Wayne Eddy.

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7D, 17-40mm f/4L,
    24-105mm f/4L
    + Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS +400mm f/5.6L + Canon 1.4xTC + Canon 100 EF f2.8 USM + 430-EX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enduro View Post
    Hi Sarge,

I agree we ought to do this more often. It's pretty easy to organize really. Pick a location at the right time of day and all is good.

This is an invaluable tool: photoephemeris.com/
    I would like to do a beach shoot one time, somewhere like Mettams Pool, Trigg or somewhere with some nice rock formations. Also, I reckon Hyde Park (Town of Vincent) would be a great place to go shoot one afternoon especially now, during Autumn!

That Photo Ephemeris looks like a handy tool to have too.

I forgot to mention that i liked your compositions and that you caught the light reflecting off the buildings (better than I did!). The only thing I might ask for in the shot is a little (tiny mind you) separation between the rivers far edge and the jetty posts.
    Thanks Wayne, it was only after the morning did I think that I should have left some room between the buildings and those pylons. Oh well, next time.
    Tim | Capturing God's Creation

Canon 7D | Tokina 11-16 F/2.8 | Canon 400 F/5.6 | Canon 50 F/1.8 | Manfrotto CF Tripod | Cokin Z GND Filters | Lowepro 400AW | GoPro Hero 2 | Kwik Camo

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might try for something the week after Easter. North Beach/Trigg/Mettams are just down the road from here and I'm keen on that one. Though quite a journey, Araluen would be good to get too as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I would like to do a beach shoot one time, somewhere like Mettams Pool, Trigg or somewhere with some nice rock formations. Also, I reckon Hyde Park (Town of Vincent) would be a great place to go shoot one afternoon especially now, during Autumn!

That Photo Ephemeris looks like a handy tool to have too.

Thanks Wayne, it was only after the morning did I think that I should have left some room between the buildings and those pylons. Oh well, next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might try for something the week after Easter. North Beach/Trigg/Mettams are just down the road from here and I'm keen on that one. Though quite a journey, Araluen would be good to get too as well.
    I'm very keen to do a beach shoot Wayne, and if your going the week after Easter, I have a week off uni (study break) so could work nicely!?
    Last edited by Sarge; 01-04-2012 at 7:58pm.