User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Problems When Dealing With Nikon Australia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems When Dealing With Nikon Australia

has anyone had any problems when dealing with nikon australia?

my D600 had oil spots on the sensor, so i sent it in to be replaced (it was through the local Nikon Authorized Service Centre) and i was told it would be repaired, it was sent to Sydney, and it would take 1-2 weeks for the repair, and i would be notified of any changes.

after 2 weeks i had heard nothing, so i emailed. and was sent the identical email i was sent initially, "thanks for sending it in repairs will take 1-2 weeks, we will notify you of any changes." after week 3 went by i decided to complain to Nikon Australia'a Head office, and i got a reply saying my camera was going to be replaced with a Nikon D610, and it would be ready to collect in 1-2 days. this took over a week.

all in all the entire process took over a month, with no communication at all unless i was to follow it up myself. i am well aware that things happen, and problems arise, but the complete and total lack of communication is just terrible.

has anybody else had similar experiences with Nikon Australia? or am i just really unlucky?
    Hi im Steven,
    I have been known to take photos of stuff, usually landscapes, dabbling in environmental portraits

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StevenFoxPhotography
    500px: https://500px.com/stevenfox_
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mortalitas/

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didn't get any sort of "job number" along with a "phone(y) number" to call??

Go back to the local Auth Centre and ask there??

- - - Updated - - -

PS: such a response as you got would certainly NOT win any literary awards.
    It sounds as if it would not fit any "communication" bill either.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Perpetually Bewildered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only had one experience with them, a broken 1-Nikkor zoom last year (under warranty). I sent Nikon an email outlining the problem and received a reply a couple of days later about what to do. I took the lens to their service centre in Rhodes on a Friday afternoon. I can't remember what lead time I was quoted but a week later (on the Saturday morning) a courier turned up at home with the fixed lens. So I was pleased with the service.

Your D600 problem is probably more complex so perhaps Nikon has legitimate reasons for the delays, however there is really no excuse for the lack of communication.

Glad to see it worked out in the end...

Cheers.
    Phil.

Some Nikon stuff. I shoot Mirrorless and Mirrorlessless.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mortalitas View Post
    has anybody else had similar experiences with Nikon Australia? or am i just really unlucky?
    From what I have seen / experienced / heard of, you might be lumped in with the "unlucky" ones Steven.

Service through Nikon Australia is usually fairly good with a reasonable level of communication and I am going to hazard a guess that with the large volume of defective D600 bodies that were sold, replacement D610 bodies were in short supply for a while. That and freight times ( usually counted as work days ) may well have been an issue.

When did all this occur?
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only had exemplary service from Nikon Australia, I couldn't praise them highly enough. However,I have always had the luxury of dealing with them personally over the counter, which probably helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likewise. My D600 shutter mechanism replacement, which involved couriers collecting and returning my camera body to my office, occurred without any difficulties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem with my D600 2 week turn-around from Adelaide new shutter assy installed .
    Nikon D600 tamron 24-70 2.8 50 1.4 K5 Da70 Da 40

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the shutter replaced on my D600 before I sold it. Took about two weeks. But hey, you are getting a brand new D610.

I will say that I've been waiting twelve months now for confirmation that my D800 is registered for the two year warranty with My Nikon Life. When I called them about it six months back I was told that due to the large numbers sold they were experiencing delays in checking the cameras serial numbers. Pretty slack if you ask me.
    Last edited by Cage; 27-04-2015 at 4:55pm.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had some dealings with Nikon recently (they replaced my D810) .

I was given an email address by a friend, of their customer service manager. He was prompt and helpful in answering my questions.

Here it is: James.Boyden@nikon.com
    David

Nikon D810
    Nikkor AF-S 24-120VR, Nikkor AF-S 16-35VR, Nikkor AF-S 70-300VR, Nikkor AF 50 f1.8
    Tamron 90mm Macro

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been waiting four weeks for my D750 to be inspected/fixed due to recalls. If it was broken, I would be happy to wait, as parts are sourced and fitted, but this is a recall.
    You would think that a recall would have parts waiting.
    Nikon Australia is sadly lacking in communication as well, haven't heard anything unless I asked.
    Regards
    John
    Nikon D750, Sigma 105mm OS Macro, Tokina 16-28 F2.8, Sigma 24-105 Art, Sigma 150-600C,
    Benro Tripod and Monopod with Arca plates

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John. Maybe they're sending them all to Mars, and yours is just part of a TOTAL RECALL
    That would explain the slow communication, too
    Last edited by ameerat42; 04-08-2015 at 10:17pm.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Called Nikon Australia today and was told the camera was in work and I could expect it next week, That's SIX weeks for a recall, if it happens.
    What happened to my camera in the first four weeks they had it. Probably going through a dust attraction test.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J.davis View Post
    Called Nikon Australia today and was told the camera was in work and I could expect it next week, That's SIX weeks for a recall, if it happens.
    What happened to my camera in the first four weeks they had it. Probably going through a dust attraction test.
    1. You called? That's pro-active of you!
    2. That's the answer you get when they are going to delay for another like period of time
    3. That dust test is crucial to the confirmation of the problem: it's been sitting there a while, so now we can... [insert ideas here]

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After writing on everything that had a NIKON sign on it (internet and Facebook), got a call today saying sorry and a BRAND NEW D750 is on its way to me. Squeaky wheel gets the most grease.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J.davis View Post
    After writing on everything that had a NIKON sign on it (internet and Facebook), got a call today saying sorry and a BRAND NEW D750 is on its way to me. Squeaky wheel gets the most grease.
    Going on your past experience, do not expect express post. It is coming from Japan via horseback over Mongolia, into Russia then China, then to North Korea, and onward..,via that legendary slow boat. I await your "I Got It" today post in about 6-8 weeks
    Last edited by ricktas; 07-08-2015 at 7:50am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Came this morning, happy now.
    Spent most of the day setting it up and dialing in lenses.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear/read.