Thread: Help! I have ...fungus!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liney View Post
    I know it's been a while since this thread was last used, but it was either this or start a new thread.

I was cleaning off the lens I use for macro work today, and noticed a little patch of something when I looked through the lens. It's inside the lens as cleaning the external surfaces didn't get rid of it. It's not much at the moment, just a couple of small circles which are mostly clear but give the impression there is something there.

First off, is this likely to be the first signs of fungus. Second as it is inside the lens can I disassemble the lens and clean it off?

Any help gratefully received.
    Hard to know without seeing it. Fungus does appear inside the lens, on the internal elements, but without sighting your lens, it is hard to say if you have fungus. It tends to look like spider webs, like long thin lines.. sort of like mould. Hard to describe. If you type 'lens fungus' into google and then click the 'images' tab, you can see heaps of examples.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Hard to know without seeing it. Fungus does appear inside the lens, on the internal elements, but without sighting your lens, it is hard to say if you have fungus. It tends to look like spider webs, like long thin lines.. sort of like mould.
    Thanks for the response, I had another look today and it doesn't look like the images I've seen on the web. Instead of spider webs or worms (spaghetti?) this is almost like circles in the middle of the glass.

I'll keep an eye on it and see if anything....develops!
    Pentax K3, K100D Super, Sigma 18-50, Takamur-A 28-80, Pentax DA 50-200, Sicor 80-200, Tamron 2X teleconverter