Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    The mobile phone etc has made the wrist watch obsolete for a lot of people. I still wear one, but wouldn't even know what brand it is without looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdazzler View Post
    Im the same. Dont even wear a watch anymore. Its just second nature now to pull the iPhone out of my pocket .. sign of the times I guess. (no pun intended )
    I will stick to my trusty water resistant to 100m Seiko because when I am dog paddling out the island bar in the swimming pool at a tropical resort the last thing I want to be doing is trying to get my mobile phone out of my shorts pocket to check whether it is actually time for the bar to open or not.

Mobile phones do work under water don't they?
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    I will stick to my trusty water resistant to 100m Seiko because when I am dog paddling out the island bar in the swimming pool at a tropical resort the last thing I want to be doing is trying to get my mobile phone out of my shorts pocket to check whether it is actually time for the bar to open or not.

Unlucky for me I dont find myself wading up to pool bars all that often mate ... *sigh*
    Hi Im Darren

www.darrengrayphotography.com

SONY A850 (FF)] + GRIP | SONY A350 (APS-C) + GRIP | SONY NEX-5 +16 2.8 + 18-55 E-MOUNT LENSES | CZ 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-75 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 | 2 x 42AMs | 24" imac | LR | CS4 | + loads of other junk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And when exactly (date and time) was the last time you did that.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    And when exactly (date and time) was the last time you did that.
    27th August 2007 10:58am

Happy hour/s started at 11:00am.
    Bintang Pilsener is good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last thing on earth that I would want on a tropical resort would be a watch or even know what the time is

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm definitely a watch fan. The advent of omnipresent electronic devices that tell the time is pretty irrelevant for me - a watch is a thing of beauty and the only thing I wear that could be equated to 'jewellery'.

I'm also a fountain pen fan - the advent of laptop word processing didn't diminish that interest either!

I have a few watches:

1964 Omega Constellation 'C' in 18k gold

1985 Rolex Oyster Perpetual datejust in steel

2009 Rolex Daytona in steel (alas not one of the original 'Newman' Daytonas)

I've got a couple of pictures of the Omega which I've posted before on AP:

Richard
    Canon 5D4 & 7D2 | 11-24 f/4 L | 24-105 f/4 L | 100-400 L II | 85 f/1.2 L | 35 f/1.4 L II | 100 f/2.8 L macro | MP-E 65 f/2.8 macro | 1.4x | 580EX2 | MT-24 Twin Lite | Manfrotto