Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timeframe.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Timeframe.....

Hi All,
    I got married in June, and after chasing our photographer are hopefully receiving our pictures from our special day this week. So that rounds out at 3 months of waiting. A quite overdrawn length of time i would have thought, especially in my case as the deal was to shoot our wedding and i am doing all the editing, so really just need all the raw files handed over to me.
    My question to all those that shoot weddings is what is your turnaround from day of shooting to clients receiving the product?????

Simon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two weeks

What did your contract with them say ?
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine are usually done in time for their return from the honeymoon. Two weeks. Of course albums take longer, usually because the couple can't get their act together and send in their photo choices. BTW, no-one gets my RAW files.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point there too, no-one gets my RAW files either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snappysi View Post
    Hi All,
    I got married in June, and after chasing our photographer are hopefully receiving our pictures from our special day this week. So that rounds out at 3 months of waiting. A quite overdrawn length of time i would have thought, especially in my case as the deal was to shoot our wedding and i am doing all the editing, so really just need all the raw files handed over to me.
    My question to all those that shoot weddings is what is your turnaround from day of shooting to clients receiving the product?????

Simon.
    Like everyone else - I dont know many people who would hand over their raw files.

But if thats what your agreement was, then its a long wait indeed.

Now a wait is only to be expected on the issue of processing, selection, album etc.

The bit that has me curious is, why is there any wait at all ? I personally would have handed them over as soon as possible, and that way limit the amount of risk by having them in my possession. As there is nothing to wait for, other than a simple copy of the Raw files, I'd be a tad concerned about this one.
    William

www.longshots.com.au

I am the PhotoWatchDog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2-4 weeks depending on the time of year - No RAW files just Jpegs here as well
    Jeff - Jeff D Photography
    Canon -
    http://jeffdphoto.ifp3.com/
    www.jeffdphotography.com.au

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies guys, everybody here has echoed my sentiments exactly... i hope there is no drama and he is delaying any "problems".
    As a point of interest, i wanted to edit the shots myself, just a personal thing i guess... it was an option i put to the photographer and he agreed, in writing i may add....
    We looked at quite a few portfolios and decided on the photographer that got the job based on what he offered visually, that is we liked his style and the quality and i certainly cant fault his professionalism on he day. So there are no complaints from that side, just hope all is above board for the actual images.....
    Tomorrow should tell as we were told they would be sent to us on Monday so should be here tomorrow.... we will see!!!!

Simon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simon,

What's he been doing the last three months then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 to 2 weeks for photos for an average wedding, albums from 1 month to 4 months depending on clients.

As I do about 20-25 weddings a year, I try to finish 1 wedding within a week, otherwise work builds up too much, especially as wedding is not only my forte.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good question Kiwi..... and your guess would no doubt be as good as mine....
    We were originally told 6 weeks as he was snowed under with other work... ok no problems there, he was up front and honest straight away. Then it was another 3 weeks.... then another.... then my wife got the shits and basically demanded them... and we are now here and as i mentioned were told he was sending them Monday.....

So we will see..... fingers crossed...

Ps I should say that it has actually been 3 1/2 months... 15 weeks and 3 days to be exact.....

Simon.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You never know what is happening in other people's lives. Most of us are Sole-Traders I'd guess. Illness and bereavements occur, and can overwhelm a Sole-Trader. No doubt though that the next few days will give you an answer. Good luck with the processing. You're about to get an insight into the world of a working wedding photog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno, seems lame and unprofessional to me, if you get stuck, confess and reset an expectation with your client, not just go MIA

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your'e right camersnoop, everyone has things to deal with in there lives and no one really knows what goes on behind the scenes, but in saying that , Kiwi is right....... i am self employed and when you cant make a deadline or an appointment, you ring and let the client know. Its common courtesy really....

Simon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, if i were you, and the agreement was the provision of RAW files, I'd have provided the memory cards and requested they slip them in my pocket before leaving the reception
    Last edited by jasevk; 28-09-2011 at 1:08pm.
    Living the dream...

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, did you get them? Maybe they're in the mail with the cheque I've been waiting on from one of my wedding clients. Give us an update.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry guys been away for a few days busy with work. Camerasnoop, we did receive them, unfortunately we received jpegs.... a quick email to the photographer and Raw files are on there way.......They have left me with a few questions though, and beeing a Nikon shooter, ( the tog shoots Canon), there may be differences that i did not know about.

Most of the pics have been taken at what i would consider to be very high iso's... ( like 1000 - 1650 ) Absolutely no idea why. Dad who is a photographer, ( Nikon) has pics taken at iso 200, so there certainly is no need for the iso.... im sure its not a Canon thing !!!! And the focus seems off on quite a few shots, once again this may be due to the high iso, or maybe a camera thing..... not quite sure.... Contrast on faces seems off on a lot of shots where there is an off white wall behind people, which makes faces appear "soft", seems as though the camera has not handled the contrast between the 2 all that well if that makes sense. Dad and i were able to tell which camera was used after about 30 minutes of looking just by the way the photos where. Cameras used as a point of interest where a 5D, 5D2, and a 7D. To me the 7D pics are the pic of the bunch with the 5D2 the worst.

Will wait for the Raw files to come and i will reassess from there.

Simon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    could you post up some samples between the 5D2 and 7D? Sounds like the user got the focusing and DOF wrong, and poor to average editing.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That doesn't sound too good then Simon. How many did you get? Focus is the one thing you can't photoshop back to good health. High ISO of itself shouldn't cause you problems. I often get into the ISO3200 region when shooting weddings. It's all about the light afterall. Processing from RAW will help you to tame the noise. I wouldn't be worried about that if I were you. Better to now concentrate on what you CAN do with the photos, rather than what he SHOULD have done. I'm really considering removing all EXIF data from images I give to people these days, especially camera club members.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    simply no excuse for oof photos

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snappysi View Post
    Sorry guys been away for a few days busy with work. Camerasnoop, we did receive them, unfortunately we received jpegs.... a quick email to the photographer and Raw files are on there way.......They have left me with a few questions though, and beeing a Nikon shooter, ( the tog shoots Canon), there may be differences that i did not know about.

Most of the pics have been taken at what i would consider to be very high iso's... ( like 1000 - 1650 ) Absolutely no idea why. Dad who is a photographer, ( Nikon) has pics taken at iso 200, so there certainly is no need for the iso.... im sure its not a Canon thing !!!! And the focus seems off on quite a few shots, once again this may be due to the high iso, or maybe a camera thing..... not quite sure.... Contrast on faces seems off on a lot of shots where there is an off white wall behind people, which makes faces appear "soft", seems as though the camera has not handled the contrast between the 2 all that well if that makes sense. Dad and i were able to tell which camera was used after about 30 minutes of looking just by the way the photos where. Cameras used as a point of interest where a 5D, 5D2, and a 7D. To me the 7D pics are the pic of the bunch with the 5D2 the worst.

Will wait for the Raw files to come and i will reassess from there.

Simon.
    apart from all of the issues already mentioned about the potential dodginess of the situation (sorry you had to go through all of this!) , it surprises me greatly that those results are what you seem to have experienced. I shoot weddings with a 7D and 5dmkII and the 7D shots taken even at iso 400 have at least as much noise as a 5dmkII's iso1600 shot. If it's a focus issue though, then perhaps the tog wasn't too great at using the 5dmkII's rudimentary AF??
    Would love to see some examples though.
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast