Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    Mdj... Don't make fast rules for yourself. Do what you find is useful and meaningful at the time.
    Like you say, learn from what any mode offers. I never get off Manual mode, except that I will
    set my AF lenses to AF and stabilisation ON. No one thing is any better than any other all the time.

CC: You achieved a good and interesting result with that cyclist. Two other things about this pic:
    1. Pity you truncated his front wheel (and he probably came a cropper just out of the frame).
    2. That blurred car is a distraction here. If you could have avoided it, better.

You must try this again with more space about the rider, so that you can eliminate any unwanted
    vehicles.
    Yeah that chopped wheel rim is a pitty. i tried to take some more on other cyclists but nothing came up good. Was bit busy on that time of the day. But yeah will try again for sure
    I was panning on TV mode on burst shots. (think it was 1/60) so that car caught up just in time with the good image. I checked on other images, this is by far the best one...sigh.

By sticking to AV i mean for beginner like me it is so much easier to learn before I step up to a more manual later. Thanks again Ameerat

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdj101711 View Post

By sticking to AV i mean for beginner like me it is so much easier to learn before I step up to a more manual later.
    And once you learn more you may find no reason to step up to a more manual. It can of cause depend on the photo you are taking.
    It is good that you have found a way to help your learning process. Chopping and changing what to do leads to not learning what and why and dissatisfaction.
    Don't be afraid to use ISO 400-800 to get shutter speed up if needs be.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.