Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital World International

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Digital World International

Hi....I am wondering if anybody has purchased camera gear from a online store called Digital World International? If so would you recommend/not recommend them? Thanx...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kaz.

If you have any queries about DWI - drop them an email.

What I can tell you though is that all of their products are sent from Hong Kong, and anything over $1000 you will be required to pay tax and/or duty on.

Here is a thread discussing the pros/cons of them specifically (you'll find plenty of people in that thread who have bought from DWI)

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum....cfm?t=1133148

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

- D

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx for your post Absolution... The info in the thread about no Australian Warranty is obviously a good thing know...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a lens off them a couple of weeks back ... They had the best price by far, communication via email was quick and precise, and delivery took three working days. Of course, the big test will be if something goes wrong and we need to exercise warranty.

They have a Sydney based agent called ATECH Distribution who handle all of their warranty issues. Info is here .. http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/...warranties.asp
    Last edited by bigdazzler; 31-08-2009 at 1:36pm.
    Hi Im Darren

www.darrengrayphotography.com

SONY A850 (FF)] + GRIP | SONY A350 (APS-C) + GRIP | SONY NEX-5 +16 2.8 + 18-55 E-MOUNT LENSES | CZ 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-75 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 | 2 x 42AMs | 24" imac | LR | CS4 | + loads of other junk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They may be cheaper on some things but not others, so it pays to look around. I generally start with a shopbot search...also have noticed prices have come down on a few things over the last week due to stronger Aus dollar. (DDP, camerasdirect etc)
    Cheers, Lani.
    Bodies: Nikon D700, D300 Primes: Nikon 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4G, 105mm VR 2.8, 300mm f4. Zooms: Nikon 14-24 2.8, 24-70 2.8, 70-200VR II 2.8, Sigma 10-20mm Processing: Photoshop CS5 extended, LR 3.2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most people I know that have purchased from them will settle on the <$1000 purchases, but when you factor in the GST once it gets to customs for anything over a grand - sometimes it's just better off purchasing local and getting the proper local support.

I was recently looking for a new body and procrastinated on it for a couple of weeks doing my research. I heavily considered grabbing a 50D from them, but wasn't prepared to risk the Canon 100-400L from Hong Kong.

I ended up grabbing a really good quality second hand 40D instead, and used what I saved to grab the lens from Digi Direct (who had the best price and have a bricks and mortar store in Sydney). I should take delivery of that tomorrow

Sorry for swinging off topic, but what i'm getting at is, at the end of the day it's what you feel comfortable with.

Just go in informed

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at the Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro from this mob myself. I'm a bit cautious about the people who posted on whirlpool about DWI, most of them are new members, and some of them less than 5 posts. It could be someone from DWI doing it...

At least there are some members here I can trust...
    AKA Andrew P.
    Gear: Nikon D7100, Nikon D90, Nikon 18-105mm VR, Nikon 70-300mm VR, Sigma 150-500mm APO DG OS, , Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM, Tamron 90mm Macro Di, SB400 speedlight, SB700 speedlight, Nikon DR-6, Panasonic FH20, and all sorts of stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will vouch for them mate .. my transaction was as smooth as a babys bum

In fact im seriously considering breaking my own rules and buying an extra body from them shortly

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear, BigDaz. I'll email them on Monday and if all is good, a Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro is comin' my way

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just put my order in with DWI for the Tammy 90

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us know how you get on Seastorm. Interested to know how your dealings with DWI go!

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz67 View Post
    Let us know how you get on Seastorm. Interested to know how your dealings with DWI go!
    Well, so far so good. Placed an order online this morning. Status changed to Dispatched by the evening. I have also had emails telling me what stage the order is at. You can track every movement on the website, after you log into your account, all the delivery details and with which courier are all there. ETA 9 September. I'm quite pleased

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered some stuff from DWI last night, but they sent me an email this morning telling me they are out of stock and on backorder. They gave me the option to cancel the order if I don't want to wait, but for the price I think I'll just wait a little while. Will keep posted how it goes. Hopefully it comes through as it was an absolute bargain!

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joffa View Post
    I ordered some stuff from DWI last night, but they sent me an email this morning telling me they are out of stock and on backorder. They gave me the option to cancel the order if I don't want to wait, but for the price I think I'll just wait a little while. Will keep posted how it goes. Hopefully it comes through as it was an absolute bargain!
    Did they tell you when they're expecting the stock to come in?

I called them up this morning to make sure the Tammy 90 was in stock before I placed my order

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No they haven't as yet. I will give them a call in the morning and keep on their back though. I have noticed though that between me placing my order last night and sometime today they have jacked up the price on the flash I ordered by $130.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No they haven't as yet. I will give them a call in the morning and keep on their back though. I have noticed though that between me placing my order last night and sometime today they have jacked up the price on the flash I ordered by $130.
    Oooo, I'd make sure that your order is still with the old price. That's a big jump!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a healthy Aus dollar, prices should be coming down?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seastorm View Post
    Oooo, I'd make sure that your order is still with the old price. That's a big jump!!
    According to the invoice I got the cheap price. If they try to get me to pay extra then I'll cancel and buy it elsewhere. I've got my fingers crossed though it's almost too good to be true.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the invoice I got the cheap price. If they try to get me to pay extra then I'll cancel and buy it elsewhere. I've got my fingers crossed though it's almost too good to be true.
    Well, they have to honour the price you purchased it for, it's not your fault it's not in stock.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still haven't received my Tammy 90 yet, ETA was yesterday, not DWI's fault, but FedEx - they're not my choice of courier.

My work colleague bought the same lens from www.camerasdirect.com.au on Tuesday morning and received it less than 22 hrs from the time he put the order in, we're talking from Brizzie to Perth..!!!!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast