Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedgrub View Post
    Thanks for everyones feedback.

Good point. I am only looking at this one because it is a kit lens, and it will be cheaper to import it to go with my 7D body to complete what I would otherwise buy as a whole package from DCW. Which lens would you recommend?
    By the way, The 18-135 is not a USM lens either. As a walkabout for the 7D ? The 24-105 F4L would be a nice start . The debates on lenses are long and many.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennymiata View Post
    I've bought most of my camera equipment, including bodies, lenses, flashes, filters etc through grey marketers, and every piece has been perfect.

The savings are huge, so you can buy even more stuff!

As a matter of fact, on Monday, I ordered a genuine battery grip for my Canon 60D from a grey marketeer and paid only $143.87 (including freight) and DCW sells them for $236.00.
    A substantial saving!
    I received it today and have just tried it out, and it seems to be perfect too.
    Defintely is the real deal, as the box and instructions and warranty card are all ridgy-didge.

The companies I mainly use are Top Buy and Dino Direct, but there are many others out there too.
    Thanks for the recommendations!

Quote Originally Posted by PH005 View Post
    By the way, The 18-135 is not a USM lens either. As a walkabout for the 7D ? The 24-105 F4L would be a nice start . The debates on lenses are long and many.
    Just read a couple of reviews, it looks good but expensive. Totally missed it being a USM. I'm used to clunky focusing sounds from my 18-105mm nikkor lens so I guess that part wouldn't bother me too much. Maybe one day I can afford that beast!