Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeFy View Post
    Differences would be:

Switches, buttons and movable parts feel cheaper. Rubber will be different feel from the body which is negligible. Plastics is of different grade.
    While this may be the case with some of the third party grips, this has not been the case in my experience.
    The Meike grip I have on my 60D weighs EXACTLY the same as the genuine BG-E9 Canon Grip (310g).
    Even the texturing of the rubber is identical to the rubber on the 60D body.
    Mark

Canon 70D w/Grip l Canon 60D w/Grip l EF 100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS USM l EF 70-200 f4L IS USM l EF-S 15-85 f3.5-5.6 IS USM l EF 100 f2.8 USM Macro l EF-S 18-55 f3.5-5.6 IS STM l EF 50 f1.8 II l Canon EF-S 10-22 f3.5-4.5 USM l 430 EX II Flash l Rode Stereo VideoMic l Manfrotto 055XPROB + 498RC2 Tripod l Benro MP-96 M8 Monopod l Lowepro Vertex 200 AW Backpack l Lowepro Pro Runner 300 AW Backpack l PS CS5 Extended l Lightroom 4.3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unistudent1962 View Post
    While this may be the case with some of the third party grips, this has not been the case in my experience.
    The Meike grip I have on my 60D weighs EXACTLY the same as the genuine BG-E9 Canon Grip (310g).
    Even the texturing of the rubber is identical to the rubber on the 60D body.
    The texture of the rubber may be similar, but the thickness of the rubber is different from the OEM grip. Try sticking your fingernail into the side of Meike's vs the OEM. Meike's grip's rubber is a little thinner. Exactly the same weight does not mean exactly the same type of plastics as well.

As i've mentioned. Not exactly the same, but does it's job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeFy View Post
    The texture of the rubber may be similar, but the thickness of the rubber is different from the OEM grip. Try sticking your fingernail into the side of Meike's vs the OEM. Meike's grip's rubber is a little thinner.
    Do you have a Meike grip and a genuine Canon grip?
    I'm assuming you must have, otherwise you have no way of substantiating your comments.
    Or are you just an argumentative know-it-all?
    If you do, have you stuck your fingernail into the rubber on both of them?
    I don't know what anyone would, but then that's just me.

As I said in my original post, I doubt that anyone would be able to pick the difference between the Meike and Canon grip.
    Last edited by unistudent1962; 05-10-2011 at 10:13pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unistudent1962 View Post
    Do you have a Meike grip and a genuine Canon grip?
    I'm assuming you must have, otherwise you have no way of substantiating your comments.
    Or are you just an argumentative know-it-all?
    If you do, have you stuck your fingernail into the rubber on both of them?
    I don't know what anyone would, but then that's just me.

As I said in my original post, I doubt that anyone would be able to pick the difference between the Meike and Canon grip.
    I'm not a know it all. I wish i am, but it's impossible to understand and know everything in this world. Knowledge is power as they say

You do not need both items to know the difference, you just need to have experience with the items and examine it closely, and luckily in this case i did. I'm more errmmm... nitpicky... or rather observant to stuff due to the nature of my work and genetics. Even when i drove a ferarri i nit picked stuff about the car. Need i say more?