Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: HELP

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELP

Ok so i have been taking photos for awhile now, i was at tafe for 6 months 5 year ago. and a friend of mine ask me if i would do her a HUGE favor, she works at a golf club and they r having a christmas party with a santa there and wat not. and the photographer they had pulled out. so they asked me as a last min thing. im a little worried i have only done natural light photos. and these will be in doors and at night.
    i cant really say no now as its 3 more days till the christmas party.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not an easy spot to find yourself in. Though one option is to higher ( or you may already have one ) a higher spec camera such as 5d mkii with really good high iso handling and some fast lenses ( with wide aperatures 2.8 or even lower is better but remember depth of field ). Other harder option is to higher a good flash to use on camera and quickly learn how to bounce it off ceilings and walls for good effect. Hardest option would be to learn learn learn about off camera flashes. A bit hard in a fast time frame though. Lots of information to absorb. You can higher studio flashes and wireless triggers from a few places or speedlights are a smaller cheaper and more mobile solution.
    Good luck and hope you have a win.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to AP. The fact you are joining a site and asking for help is the key for me. You are not confident in your own skills and this will show in your results. The best thing you can do is politely decline, in my opinion.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wise words from Rick, I would take his advice in this Situation, I've done Xmas parties , Family reueniuns ? And Weddings , Not easy , Remember there will be a heap of people there with Point an Shoots , Phones etc , So the pressure will be off , Just go and do your best if you must , They will still get plenty of shots of the Party
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a nikon D50 and nikon D90, they really only want me go around the gold course and take photos of them golfing, and then do photos of the kids with santa. i got a tripod, and i was thinking of tethering my camera to my laptop to show them the picture

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll have enough to carry , Just show them later on the LCD screen of the camera , All I ever do , It's not a model photo shoot

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have asked my friend to tag along and help me carry everything. lol

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chloe. In my opinion they're asking you/you're expecting yourself - and now a friend!!! - to do too much. You see the trend of the replies so far. At the very least tell them of your reluctance and your limitations, then, unless you are supergirl, just go around with them and concentrate on taking some good shots. That way you may just do yourself (friend) and them a favour. 4-get about the bells and whistles. Stick to the sublimity, reject the other, lest it all become too much like a circus.

This is my sincere and humble opinion. Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    You'll have enough to carry , Just show them later on the LCD screen of the camera , All I ever do , It's not a model photo shoot
    Afraid I'd have to agree
    Richard
    I've been wrong before!! Happy to have constructive criticism though.Gear used Canon 50D, 7D & 5DMkII plus expensive things hanging off their fronts and of course a "nifty fifty".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a speed light...? This stuff isn't rocket science, stick on p and ttl. I'm sure they're not expecting pro quality shots......or are they ?

Forget the tripod. Keep it real simple.
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mongo agrees with Rick on this one.
    Some one else’s event should not be used by you to test yourself. If you are not confident and sure, you should decline nicely rather than find out not so nicely later that something might have been irreversible ruined.
    Nikon and Pentax user

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they said its either me doing it or no one so i guess i just go and try by best, where the santa is gonna sit is on a stage and they have stage lighting. so it might make it easier. im not worried about the golfing pictures. just more taking pictures indoors havent found what setting is right in bad lighting.