Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Canon announces EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, OK shoot me, I'm off-topic again, but I actually do not want Canon to make a 14-24/2.8, certainly not if it turns out the same as the Nikkor one. No, I'm not bagging the 14-24/2.8 Nikkor, I'm sure it is every bit as wonderful as people say it is, but it's a great bulbous thing that you can't use a filter on, and I hate lenses like that. I'd much rather a smaller zoom range (if needed) or (by far the best solution) that they made it in a constant f/4 - apart from avoiding the popeye problem, it would be half the size, half the weight, and half the cost. Well, maybe not half the cost.
    Tony

It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannin View Post
    Well, OK shoot me, I'm off-topic again, but I actually do not want Canon to make a 14-24/2.8, certainly not if it turns out the same as the Nikkor one. No, I'm not bagging the 14-24/2.8 Nikkor, I'm sure it is every bit as wonderful as people say it is, but it's a great bulbous thing that you can't use a filter on, and I hate lenses like that. I'd much rather a smaller zoom range (if needed) or (by far the best solution) that they made it in a constant f/4 - apart from avoiding the popeye problem, it would be half the size, half the weight, and half the cost. Well, maybe not half the cost.
    Could both not co-exist? Personally I'd prefer what u suggested too but there will certainly be others who prefer the current nikon version.
    Nikon FX + m43
    davophoto.wordpress.com