User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  7

Thread: how to calibrate dell u2311h? for photo editing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by three123 View Post
    I am a graphic designer, usually use indesign, illustrator and photoshop use.
    and then:

Quote Originally Posted by three123 View Post
    also was told window lighting is not suitable, to work in a room with flouro lighting?
    I decided not to ask this with your first question, but if you're a graphic designer, didn't you get taught about the right equipment to use and how best to set up your work environment?

as for the second question, controlled light is better because window light can vary in intensity/colour during the day. Some hardware calibrators (including the color munki that i have) can take into consideration ambient light when calibrating a screen

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, but i dont usually work from home...just starting now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campo View Post
    and then:

I decided not to ask this with your first question, but if you're a graphic designer, didn't you get taught about the right equipment to use and how best to set up your work environment?

as for the second question, controlled light is better because window light can vary in intensity/colour during the day. Some hardware calibrators (including the color munki that i have) can take into consideration ambient light when calibrating a screen

Quite surprisingly Campo, the answer to that is a very scary No.

I took on a part time teaching post at the begining of this year, teaching photography and graphic design students from Cert 4 to degree level. Very worrying to discover that out of the 70 or so macs and laptops in use in the college - not ONE was calibrated, and there was nothing in the curriculum to give or educate the information required about colour management, and basic monitor calibration.
    William

www.longshots.com.au

I am the PhotoWatchDog

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try going to the TFT central database and downloading and installing the ICC profile for the dell U 2311H.
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm
    Also read this.
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2311h.htm