User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  27

Thread: Nikon : D850 : teaser : 8K timelapse?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    http://steveaxford.smugmug.com/
    About in the middle between Byron Bay, Ballina and Lismore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piczzilla View Post
    Personally, focus peaking would be the only thing that moves me to upgrade from D800 to D850 (I imagine it will make macro shooting a lot easier). But from stories that are going around, D850 focus peaking is still a little tad inaccurate. Once they hit the shops, I might rent one and see it for myself. Holding my breath...
    Macro is definitely easier with tilt screen and focus peaking. Personally, I think the tilt screen is the most important, as all focus peaking isn't always spot on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Axford View Post
    Macro is definitely easier with tilt screen and focus peaking. Personally, I think the tilt screen is the most important, as all focus peaking isn't always spot on.
    Ooh I've never thought about tilt screen that way before (I usually just tilt my body). Seeing D850 has both, it's time to save up methinks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by swifty View Post
    Do you focus stack? If so, have you seen the automated focus shifting feature for macro photography?
    Yep, I just recently started stacking. I've got a stackshot auto-rail, but I only use it at home, because it's terribly inconvenient to use in the field.
    I'm interested to try handheld stacking for field shots this Spring.
    https://www.instagram.com/piczzilla

D800 || Sigma Macro 105mm f2.8 || Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 || Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 || various trinkets