Thread: Cannot format card! Help!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    I can think of one reason: in that it'd be easy to transfer the photos from camera to phone/tablet (if the phone/tablet can accept microSD cards).
    The 80D has built-in WiFi, so no need to transfer cards between devices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr_x...el=ChrisWinter

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    The 80D has built-in WiFi, so no need to transfer cards between devices.

LOL! ... how many weeks does one allow to transfer a card full of raw images to the destination device!

Of course I do get the point tho .. possible mobile device could be the destination, hence smallish jpgs are most likely the files to be transferred, etc, etc.

But I'm stumped as to why the OP is using a microSD via an adapter tho.
    Until they come back and enlighten us .. we'll never really know the full story.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    LOL! ... how many weeks does one allow to transfer a card full of raw images to the destination device!
    It's spec'd as 802.11 /b/g/n with NFC, so at least 54Mbit/sec. They'd be JPEG, I suspect, but 32Gb is still 32Gb, no matter whether the files are RAW or JPEG. What's your home wifi run at, and can you stream HD movies on it? I personally wouldn't be using a MicroSD and adaptor, but if the OP is, I guess that is their choice. I have an adaptor, but only because it came bundled with the Sandisk MicroSD I bought at the time. Haven't tried it in the camera at all yet. I have a couple of Toshiba FlashAir SD cards I use when I want JPEG images immediately available to photo editors at the media outlets I work for from time to time. They are very quick to load onto the phone because it happens whilst I'm taking the photos rather than waiting till I've finished. It's a matter of workflow.