Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    http://steveaxford.smugmug.com/
    About in the middle between Byron Bay, Ballina and Lismore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swifty View Post
    Steve: I think comments about lack of Sony lenses refer to exotic telephotos since the marketing for this camera is aimed for that genre of photography. Of course there's nothing stopping you using it for other types of photography but you gotta wonder how soon the A9r and A9s's gonna make their appearance.
    I agree that super telephoto is the obvious hole in the Sony range, but there are other gaps too. It will be interesting to see which gaps get filled first. I like the high end lenses, which is clearly where Sony are aiming. The collaboration with Zeiss is a good one in this respect, as Zeiss make superb lenses, though no super tele's.

As for the camera itself, it is hard to fault, going by the reviews. I guess it will take a while for sports photographers to start changing. It will be interesting to see the camera line ups at future big sporting events.

Update - I hadn't realised that Sony also announced a 100-400mm G lens. That should fill the telephoto gap for most sports shooters.
    Last edited by Steve Axford; 29-04-2017 at 6:58am.