User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Computer has cr....ed itself!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Computer has cr....ed itself!!!

My laptop hass died, well sort of. Just over 12 months old - Sony Vaio VG-CR35G model. Was using it last night, all was well, shutdown as normal. then this morning turned it on and got Startup Repair window, which automatically runs. Error message to do with system32 driver - I have not idea what this means.
    I am running the Vaio system test at the moment... looks like I am ringing sony in the morning to find a hobart service centre (noone listed on their website deals with the computers ).
    I have recovery discs but can't get my head around the instructions in the book... so angry !!! No PS on hubbys lap top, can't remember if my last backup to hardrive got mum's 60th birthday pics.

Ok, had my vent....
    Rachel
    Canon 50D/ 5DMK2; 24-70 f2.8L; 18-200 IS (kit); 50 f1.8 II; Sigma 10-20; 430 EXII; Lowepro bags; plus other accessories
    LR3, CS5 & PSE6

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hope you get good new tomorrow when you talk to Sony, Rachel
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rachel have you installed a windows update lately, if so uninstall it and then try it.

Same thing happened to me after the last windows update, got the startup repair window. After i uninstalled the windows update it was ok again.
    Julie

Canon 6D,Fuji X100
    l Canon 50mm f1.8 MK l l Canon 85mm f1.8 l Canon 100mm f2.8L Macro l Canon 24-70IS f4L l LR4/CS6

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcas View Post
    Rachel have you installed a windows update lately, if so uninstall it and then try it.

Same thing happened to me after the last windows update, got the startup repair window. After i uninstalled the windows update it was ok again.
    Yes, it ran automatically the other night, (well last night). I can't even get past the startup repair widow to do anything that is the problem.... any suggestions would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds like a step by step type of instruction which should be handled on the phone. [unless you could extensively research the issue on the net on a different computer]

Also suggest posting to computing forums but you will need full specs for them to analyse it all.

good luck.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like either your HDD has a corrupt sector, or the last Windows Update corrupted a a driver in the System 32 folder.....

I don't think yours is the first Vaio I've heard that's carked it, give me a Dell any day.....
    AKA Andrew P.
    Gear: Nikon D7100, Nikon D90, Nikon 18-105mm VR, Nikon 70-300mm VR, Sigma 150-500mm APO DG OS, , Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM, Tamron 90mm Macro Di, SB400 speedlight, SB700 speedlight, Nikon DR-6, Panasonic FH20, and all sorts of stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try starting up in safe mode (if it lets you) and make some backups.. after run the windows recovery/restore with your backup discs.. might be possible that only one file got corrupted so you can also just copy the one file over into the system32 folder from your windows cd rom.. this happened to me on one of my old servers that one of the files got corrupted and didn't want to boot anymore, was fixed in seconds..

Amor fati!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charton View Post
    My laptop hass died,
    nah, you just have a sticky "s" key

just kidding, hope you get it sorted soon.