User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Cleaning imac/macbook screens ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cleaning imac/macbook screens ??

For all the mac users, what do you use ?? My glossy screens are getting a little grubby and need a good clean .. the anti static dust cloth that came with the machines is not gonna cut it, I need some kind of liquid solution to get some stubborn spots off .. im not sure what to use.

Ive read really good things this product iclean apparently it works perfectly, but its a little expensive at $50 for a 200ml bottle ..
    Last edited by bigdazzler; 23-04-2009 at 5:20pm.
    Hi Im Darren

www.darrengrayphotography.com

SONY A850 (FF)] + GRIP | SONY A350 (APS-C) + GRIP | SONY NEX-5 +16 2.8 + 18-55 E-MOUNT LENSES | CZ 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-75 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 | 2 x 42AMs | 24" imac | LR | CS4 | + loads of other junk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    geez, mate! you must be producing some pretty heavy-duty drool for the black cloth not to get it off. try windex in one of the corners - I think the glass isn't coated, but you never know. It's quite thin glass though, so don't press too hard.

Regards,
    Calx

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    think its got more to do with me eating at my desk and spraying stuff all over my screen ... the mrs is always screaming at me for it

windex ya reckon ?? i was going to but then i thought ... mmmm maybe not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leave you computer off for a while so the screen is cool, and use a soft cloth damp cloth that has been wet with distilled water. Don't use tap water as it most likely contains chlorine and will cause streaking. Also be very careful using products like windex as in some cases it can cause damage and remove coatings that you are not aware of.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastname View Post
    . Also be very careful using products like windex as in some cases it can cause damage and remove coatings that you are not aware of.
    Thats why I didnt use Windex ..

All good, my mate whos in the electronics game called in a favour at one of his Harvey Norman clients, and got me a bottle of that iclean stuff for nothing ..

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit old this thread but I use my lens cleaner on my iMac, just a touch on the microfibre cloth I use for my lenses. Margaret
    Margaret

Fuji XT2 Manfrotto MF 055XPROB Pro Tripod & gynbal head, Fuji 18-55 mm, Fuji 14 mm, Fuji 55-200 mm, Fuji 80 mm macro, Fuji 60mm macro, Fuji 100-400 mm, SB600 Speedlight, Photoshop, Lightroom on a Mac, Critiques welcomed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grabbed a generic screen cleaner pack from harvey norman, comes with spray, cloth and a anti-static soft brush... works great.
    C & C always welcome / Matte Mac User / Leica M2 - M8 - 28mm 2.8 Elmarit ASPH / Voigtlander 35mm 2.5 Skopar / Sony NEX-5 - 16mm 2.8 - 18-55 Kit - A mount adaptor - 30mm Macro / Rayqual E-mount to Leica M adaptor

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We never really clean the LCD's at work, maybe we should start...

Paul