Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by farquar View Post
    Re the OP. I don't think you are ready to start charging for your images mate. Especially not images from a workshop! If you want to start a business (and there is a hell of a lot of research in the real world you should be doing before making the leap there) I suggest you go down the TFP route to build your portfolio. After all, that is what everyone else does.
    Sorry, What does TFP and OP mean?

This is why i'm asking some general thoughts and ideas (good and bad) that AP members have had/experienced with starting and or running a business. I can understand some of what your stating to a business model, but I believe, if we where all put of by a little hard work, we'd not have the people producing what their producing today. In another thread (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...ou-get-started) Redgum makes some very valid points, "Back in the day stuff" I understand that tax laws, ideoligy, business cases and the like have moved on leaps and bounds.
    They call me "Blue" it's a red head thing.
    "My Flickr Site"
    Canon Bodies - 1DMk2N + 50D - Lenses - 17-35mm F2.8 L - 24-70mm F2.8 L - 70-200mm F2.8 L - 300mm F4 IS L - Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 - Sigma 10-20mm - DJI Mavic Pro Platinum
    " I Never get tired of looking at our diverse country, even if its through the lens of someone else".
    CC is always appreciated.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosta View Post
    Sorry, What does TFP and OP mean?

This is why i'm asking some general thoughts and ideas (good and bad) that AP members have had/experienced with starting and or running a business. I can understand some of what your stating to a business model, but I believe, if we where all put of by a little hard work, we'd not have the people producing what their producing today. In another thread (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...ou-get-started) Redgum makes some very valid points, "Back in the day stuff" I understand that tax laws, ideoligy, business cases and the like have moved on leaps and bounds.
    OP Means Original Poster. ie the person who started the thread (now called thread starter in vbulletin4). TFP means Time For Prints. It is a recognised contractual method that benefits bot the photographer and the model. The photographer gets experience at photographing models, in turn the model gives her time for free, with the agreement that the photographer provide her some prints for her portfolio. Sometimes in recent years it is referred to as TFCD (or other nomenclature), cause the images are supplied on CD rather than actual prints. If doing TFP, it is worthwhile have a contract written and signed by all parties, that states exactly how and when the images can be used. IE, the model can use them for her/his portfolio, but cannot sell them etc. You should be able to find a good TFP contract on the net using google
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    OP Means Original Poster. ie the person who started the thread (now called thread starter in vbulletin4).
    TFP means Time For Prints. Sometimes in recent years it is referred to as TFCD (or other nomenclature), cause the images are supplied on CD rather than actual prints. If doing TFP, it is worthwhile have a contract written and signed by all parties, that states exactly how and when the images can be used. IE, the model can use them for her/his portfolio, but cannot sell them etc. You should be able to find a good TFP contract on the net using google
    Right'o, that helps heaps Rick, understand where you're coming from. The CD idea sounds like agood idea, and I see I could have been looking into this in a selfish way, not taking the models time into account. That wasn't my intention, so thanks for clearing that up. Will discuss the ideas with her and she how see feels about it.

P.S, I need to get a book on all the Abrev's, I thought the millatary was bad for them, may need to have a page dedicated to them, so the not so uptodate people can get their heads around them.