Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  6

Thread: Basic kit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in the exact same situation as you last year. Bought the d7000 with a 50mm 1.4g and am still using just this lens. It is excellent for portraits on a DX body, but find myself almost always wanting to go wider. So right now I'm saving for a 24-70 2.8.

It all depends where you want to go with your photography and what you want to do. My plan was to go DX with my body and to learn lots about photography then move into FX. I know I will be going to FX so I don't buy any DX glass. If you are going to be staying with DX then you have lots of options. The lens ricktas mentioned is a pretty nice general purpose. I personally like the idea of starting out with prime lenses and learn to use your feet/body movement to get the frame you want. Obviously this depends on what you are shooting.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzz1e View Post
    I was in the exact same situation as you last year. Bought the d7000 with a 50mm 1.4g and am still using just this lens. It is excellent for portraits on a DX body, but find myself almost always wanting to go wider. So right now I'm saving for a 24-70 2.8.

It all depends where you want to go with your photography and what you want to do. My plan was to go DX with my body and to learn lots about photography then move into FX. I know I will be going to FX so I don't buy any DX glass. If you are going to be staying with DX then you have lots of options. The lens ricktas mentioned is a pretty nice general purpose. I personally like the idea of starting out with prime lenses and learn to use your feet/body movement to get the frame you want. Obviously this depends on what you are shooting.

Hey puzzle I have been shooting with my Sony a350 for a fair bit and will continue using it for portrait and candids as it really shoots great pics of people. So I know a fair bit more than the basics.

Coming to a new brand is a little daunting but I am doing it as my night photography is what was suffering and being a shift worker I spend lots of time awake when others are asleep and the Sony was #$%^ with crazy noise

@Rodw

Grrr now you got me in a state of will I wont I HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Cartel Imagery
    Flickr

Nikon D7000
    Sony a65
    Canon 5D MKII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mechawombat View Post
    @Rodw

Grrr now you got me in a state of will I wont I HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Sorry about that!

Would a used D700 be worth considering for your low light conditions? Thay might be similar in price to the D7000 once the D800 gets here!
    RodW
    Brisbane south side