User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Photo painting with Dynamic auto-painter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photo painting with Dynamic auto-painter

I have been playing around recently with a program I stumbled across, and thought I would show some results. There are a few images!

The program used for the rendering of all these images is called Dynamic Auto-Painter or DAP for short. It can be found here. The full program can be downloaded free, but it leaves a very obvious watermark - The program is quite cheap for what you get, and IMO worth while paying the full price.

What I like about this compared to some other (much more expensive) programs is the ease of use, plus it has some powerful functions that allows infinite adjustments and variation. Plus the results IMHO are very realistic in relation to 'real' painting.
    If you are interested in this sort of this, it is well worth while checking out.

Anyway - I have included some examples of the many style pre-sets available below the original photo so you can see some of the effects. All photos taken by me

Cheers,

Matt

1. Monet setting

2. Portraitist

This one I went back and overlayed the original in PS to bring out some more detail in the face.

This one was done in the style of Gustav Klimt

3. Water colour - original image is a HDR

4. Illustrator

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser DAdeGroot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some interesting effects there. Not sure the portrait ones worked too well, but the others seem fairly realistic.
    Dave

http://www.degrootphotography.com.au/
    Canon EOS 1D MkIV | Canon EOS 5D MkII | Canon EOS 30D | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM | Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM | Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM | Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L & some non-L lenses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been playing with that program myself. I seem to get my best results with HDR photos with good contrast.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAdeGroot View Post
    Some interesting effects there. Not sure the portrait ones worked too well, but the others seem fairly realistic.
    Yes... well I have never professed to be any good at portraiture These are just a couple of preliminary trials
    One thing I think you do need with programs like these, is a good photo to start with (probably why the portrait shots didn't turn out quite so good.

Quote Originally Posted by mithrandir View Post
    I have been playing with that program myself. I seem to get my best results with HDR photos with good contrast.
    I will keep that in mind - what are your impressions of the program?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks an interesting program
    Cat (aka Cathy) - Another Canon user - 400D, 18-55,75-300mm Kit Lens,50mm f1.8, Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro, Sigma 28-70 f2.8-4 DG, Tripod and a willingness to learn
    Software used: PhotoImpact, Irfanview and a lot of plugins
    We don't make a photograph just with a camera, we bring to the act of photography all the books we have read, the movies we have seen, the music we have heard, the people we have loved. - Ansel Adams