Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8

Thread: Visiting Hobart 25 Oct - 7 Nov

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a Platypus on Sunday evening, swimming around in the river outside Narcissus Hut at Lake St. Clair. But it's a bit of a trip to get there... 2-3 hour drive, $40 each way for the ferry up the lake to Narcissus Hut, unless you feel like doing the 17km walk from the visitors centre to the Hut :P

Canon 400D | 60mm f2.8 | 18-55mm | 75-300mm| 50mm f1.8 | 430EXII | Photoshop CS4
    Helpful & Honest Critique/Advice appreciated

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyK View Post
    I saw a Platypus on Sunday evening, swimming around in the river outside Narcissus Hut at Lake St. Clair. But it's a bit of a trip to get there... 2-3 hour drive, $40 each way for the ferry up the lake to Narcissus Hut, unless you feel like doing the 17km walk from the visitors centre to the Hut :P
    Thnaks Amy, I'll keep it in mind but it may have to wait until I am more cashed up on another visit. $40 each way is a bit of a slug!
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    Thnaks Amy, I'll keep it in mind but it may have to wait until I am more cashed up on another visit. $40 each way is a bit of a slug!
    Yeah, and they have a minimum booking for the ferry too, so they have to get $225 for each trip to make it worthwhile, so if you're the only one on there, you get slugged the $225 each way. The ferry is run privately to the National Park, so they can pretty much charge what they want.

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyK View Post
    Yeah, and they have a minimum booking for the ferry too, so they have to get $225 for each trip to make it worthwhile, so if you're the only one on there, you get slugged the $225 each way. The ferry is run privately to the National Park, so they can pretty much charge what they want.
    Awful isn't it - and I could never manage to walk 15 kms - and I assume 15 kms back too! Maybe I could bring an inflatable kayak . . . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    Awful isn't it - and I could never manage to walk 15 kms - and I assume 15 kms back too! Maybe I could bring an inflatable kayak . . . .
    Yeah you can definitely kayak up the lake Mark & I were going to, but we don't have roof racks to fit my car yet.