Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: MS-ICE V 1.4.4 vs MS-ICE 2.0.3.0

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MS-ICE V 1.4.4 vs MS-ICE 2.0.3.0

Well, I thought I'd get out of the Steam Age a few weeks back and installed the latest
    MS-ICE - V 2.0.3.0 64 Bit. [Wait for applause.]

Hmm! Different interface... Bnus Ads now on opening screen. Yes, a heap of projections...
    So WHY don't I like it? [A few members of the audience shift in their seats and give me some moments of
    desultory attention.]

I don't know either. So I just found the old V 1.4.4. Of course, it won't install over the newer version,
    but before I get rid of that and install the old version again I would like to canvas opinions as to both
    versions from others. [Some of the audience go back to their meals, but a couple begin to ponder the Q
    with knitted brows.]

Ta. [I look forward to their replies.]
    Last edited by ameerat42; 12-08-2016 at 9:02pm.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw Patch jim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love ICE, it's one of the two programs I really miss after moving over to the Mac. (Irfanview is the other).

So this is interesting. I've still got ICE on a little cheap laptop running Windows 10. I guess I won't be updating it.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never used the older version. Just installed the newer one. It couldn't stitch my old dining room photos full of parallax errors... but then again, the old version probably can't either.

I think the extra control you have over Photoshop's pano stitch could be useful... need to do more stitching... but that wasn't what you asked... you were after opinions between the old version and the new version, not comparisons between different products
    John Blackburn

"Life is like a camera! Focus on what is important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out take another shot."

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim. Can't you run it in a Windows shell or so?

Tands. I will extend the topic of my lament to include the latest Hugin.
    (Old versions are hard to find for that)

I think there's enough reason for lexicographers to seriously consider reversing the meaning of "progress"

Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw Patch jim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    Jim. Can't you run it in a Windows shell or so?
    Yeah, but not gunna. Keeping my Mac installation pure and clean

Seriously I really thought I'd need a Windows partition when I bought the Mac, but it turned out that almost everything ported over without dramas. I do miss Ms ICE though, if only because it's so rare for Microsoft to come up with something that's actually cool and likeable. Having it on a secondary laptop that I never actually fire up is a second best solution for sure, but it'll do.