Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone purchased from.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone purchased from.....

Hi all

Has anyone purchased from My Camera Focus? How was the experience?

Cheers
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought two lenses this year from them, good price and they answered my Q's without any hassles.
    I would use them again, bought 24-105 F4 Sigma Art, and 17-50 2.8 Sigma.
    Got TRS back on them also - good deal for holidays.
    Regards
    John
    Nikon D750, Sigma 105mm OS Macro, Tokina 16-28 F2.8, Sigma 24-105 Art, Sigma 150-600C,
    Benro Tripod and Monopod with Arca plates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've purchased a few things from them, including a Sigma 120-300 2.8 Sport.

Had a problem with it that developed within a week or two of using it (focus motor slipping). John contacted Sigma in Brisbane who actually came down to the Gold Coast and swapped over the lens right there and then no stuffing around.

Very happy...
    Cheers, Troy

D800; AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G; AF-S 50mm 1.8G; SB-910; || 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM 'S'; APO Teleconverter 2x DG || Phantom 2; H32D Gimbal; 5.8Ghz FPV LCD GS

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks for the positive feedback as I am starting to get nervous.....

I ordered my canon 70-200 2.8 IS USM from them on Monday. I spoke to John on the phone first who assured me the lens was in stock and it would take 3-5 days. Ok I thought so I ordered it. In the mean time I received an email in response to an email I sent them as I had rung many times that morning and no one was answering the phone and the email said that the lens was not in stock and came direct from the supplier to customer so basically the opposite of what John said and the email also stated that my lens wouldn't arrive until next week!!!!!!!! I wanted it for a photo shoot this weekend Usually I order from eglobal and nothing has taken longer than three days ever!!! To make matters worse I ordered a uv filter for the lens from eglobal straight after the lens from My Camera focus and it just arrived. I've also had no communication from My camera Focus at all since I ordered. Of course eglobal were fantastic with constant communication emails such as order received order being processed order shipped etc . Should I be worried?
    Will be really p%$#@d off if it doesn't arrive this week as I could have ordered from eglobal and be unboxing it right now! But I wanted to support an Aussie. Hmmph!

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktoopi View Post
    I wanted it for a photo shoot this weekend
    Go pre-planning.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha Ha I guess I'm just used to reliable and prompt 3 day delivery

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being somewhat passionate about supporting Australian business wherever feasible, Mongo is watching the outcome of this with great interest. Sincerely hoping it goes well.

Mongo is certain that if the retailer were aware of this post , and intended to deliver, it would do so with some expediency - after all, a lot of people/photographers will read this.

Mongo wishes you well K and will look out for your updates.
    Nikon and Pentax user

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish... try living in WA.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe they are looking for a delivery company that treat parcels more gently than others.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I still don't have my lens and still haven't heard anything from them.........I have only read good things about them online though
    Mongo I'm sure they will deliver.....just not with the level of communication and speed I am used to!
    wmphoto.......I was born and bred in WA I know your pain :-)
    I @ M oh I hope so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late last week, I ordered some bits from B&H in New York and some from a local supplier.
    The stuff from B&H arrived on Friday and I'm still waiting for the stuff from the local supplier.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The video linked too by Andrew is nothing!

I used to work in the courier industry for years(actually 99.9% of my working life) and have seen far worse than that.

Won't name names, but needless to say, all of the big guns in Aussie parcel handling!

And don't for a moment assume that because you picked it up from the store locally that your parcel hasn't been treated in the same manner already.
    It should be noted that bulk freight isn't handled with white gloves either.

One of my last purchases was from a local store even tho they have an easy to use online store too. My issue with this store tho was that even tho I went in to purchase pay for and collect the item myself(ie. at my cost .. not theirs!) they wanted to charge me $50 more than their online price!!
    Salesman started on some idiotic spiel that made no sense whatsoever, so I explained to him, it's either $20 less than listed price(with cash) .. or I'll just go to the other store and pay more for it there .. it is their loss, even tho it'd be my loss too. I simply made the point that the price wasn't the issue .. nor the actual money .. it's a principle thing.

Just as I was saying " .... thanks anyhow" and looking at the exit .. he did find the presence of mind to 'go ask the manager' and came back with the offer of the web price for the lens and to throw in a UV filter as a gesture of goodwill.
    Obviously, going into the backroom and the quick chat to the accounts girl .... (I mean) pep talk from the manager, confused him massively as a UV filter for this particular lens would be completely useless/impractical(even though it's still possible).

But I did take the time, after the sale, to explain to him my reasons for my preferred option of picking it up from the store .. and NOT having them deliver it to me.

Anyhow, hope it all resolves itself quickly for 'ya Kt
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennymiata View Post
    Late last week, I ordered some bits from B&H in New York and some from a local supplier.
    The stuff from B&H arrived on Friday and I'm still waiting for the stuff from the local supplier.
    Yep .......that sums it up really doesn't it!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah hope so too aurthurking......urgency is gone now as I did my photo shoot this afternoon with out my lens.....however I have another coming up soon so it had better be here this week!!!!!!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    FWIW, I emailed them two nights ago suggesting they may like to check this thread out. Suppose it's a weekend.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rang them today and spoke to someone....name has slipped my mind and he said it was unusual that my lens ...in particular that lens had not arrived. I emailed them a copy of my order number ....waiting to see what happens next .

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    update.........my order has been dispatched! Haven't got it yet waiting with bated breath........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have ordered from them in the past. It was a great price on a Canon 5D3.
    I had a couple of dead/hot pixels from new which I reported, but the issue it fell on deaf ears.
    I have now switched my online ordering to DigiDirect. The reason being - it is Australian stock (2 years warranty on Canon) and cheaper than the grey imports from MCF Example: Canon Extender EF 2X III - DD = $527, MCF $555. Plus DD is TRS allowable.
    Ordered on Sunday in WA, dispatched Monday and arrived by courier today outside of metro area.
    No brainer for me.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have to have a look at DigiDirect.....don't know about that one

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well they tried to deliver my lens today and I wasn't HOME because it was just after 9:00 and I was dropping daughter at school so now I have to go all the way to Beeeeeep Erskingvillle wherever the Beeeeeep that is to collect it. It'll be way over the other side of Sydney to me for sure GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You should enjoy such a scenic and relaxed drive to Erskineville. Think of the reward.
    Can you pay a courier to do it??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast