User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: I did it...!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did it...!

yep just bought my D7100 withNikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR & Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G DX
    should be here by friday...! my first proper camera...! also got a billingham hadley bag...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet and hope that the honeymoon period never ends.
    It hasn't in my case since I bought my D7000

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats. A very fine choice indeed for a first proper camera.
    Take the time to read the manual & get to know it back to front & it will serve you well.
    Matt
    CC always appreciated

My Website
    A Blog of sorts

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, Luke. I'm still pushing my D7000 really hard so I know your D7100 will stand up for some time to come.
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who matter don't mind don't matter and those who mind don't matter - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 x 2 | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Nikkor AF 85 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys!

I've been reading the manual but I didn't get a hard copy so I've just got the PDF on iBooks on my phone... Which isn't easy reading.... Do u know if u can get a hard copy somewhere?

I'll have to admit that the camera is quite daunting with all the settings etc, I'm working my way through it though. All the different focus types, metering, buttons, there really is quite a lot going on on this camera...

I was really hoping to have a day today to go out and take some photos but I doubt I'll get the time today, maybe dusk this afternoon? See how I go...
    Luke.

5DMkII | Canon EF 24-70mm ƒ/2.8L II USM | Canon EF 50mm ƒ/1.4 USM| Canon TS-E 17mm ƒ/4L Tilt Shift
    CamRanger | Benro C357-n6 Manfrotto w/ 410 Junior Geared Head | Billingham Hadley Pro

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolhand78 View Post
    I've been reading the manual but I didn't get a hard copy so I've just got the PDF on iBooks on my phone... Which isn't easy reading.... Do u know if u can get a hard copy somewhere?

I'll have to admit that the camera is quite daunting with all the settings etc, I'm working my way through it though. All the different focus types, metering, buttons, there really is quite a lot going on on this camera...
    There is a iPhone app from Nikon called Learn & Explore, and Nikon D7000 Toolkit for Dummies, both of which may prove useful for you ... especially the latter which breaks the information down into useful bites. Not sure if there are D7100 versions available yet.

Also, go to the Nikon Digitutor site and you'll find an online tutorial for the D7100 as well. It may be too basic for your needs, or you may find it gives you enough to start enjoying the camera while you learn the rest. I hope that helps.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDo View Post

There is a iPhone app from Nikon called Learn & Explore, and Nikon D7000 Toolkit for Dummies, both of which may prove useful for you ... especially the latter which breaks the information down into useful bites. Not sure if there are D7100 versions available yet.

Also, go to the Nikon Digitutor site and you'll find an online tutorial for the D7100 as well. It may be too basic for your needs, or you may find it gives you enough to start enjoying the camera while you learn the rest. I hope that helps.
    Thanks mate,

I've got the Nikon learn & explore ap, I've checked out the digititor too, I'm guessing a lot of it will come down to practice and trying stuff when I'm out taking photos...

I'd really like to get a hard copy of the manual though.

I'll have to check out the toolkit though! Thanks for the tip!!!

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regards
    John
    Nikon D750, Sigma 105mm OS Macro, Tokina 16-28 F2.8, Sigma 24-105 Art, Sigma 150-600C,
    Benro Tripod and Monopod with Arca plates