User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: OMG I've just bought a D7000 and the 18-105 lens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking OMG I've just bought a D7000 and the 18-105 lens

As you can tell from the title.... I have been v naughty. I went to have a look at the D7000 and was blown away by it compared to my entry level D40x. Having done considerable research on the net I was convinced that it was an excellent camera for an enthusiast like me. Before I knew it the D7000 and 18-105 made it's way home.

So far so good. I have had a play on auto so far, as we had friends over for dinner, so no time to go any deeper. Will try it out 'properly' tomorrow and post some photos for any of you who are interested!

Annie

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent work Annie - I just luv that feeling of a new peice of kit. Look forward to some shots.
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you could compare results with Kym and his equally new Pentax K-5? That should be interesting!
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who matter don't mind don't matter and those who mind don't matter - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 x 2 | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Nikkor AF 85 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow u found it in stock!! been looking around but none here.
    sure u'll get great stuff out of it!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reaction View Post
    wow u found it in stock!! been looking around but none here.
    sure u'll get great stuff out of it!
    I visited my local Hardley Normal.... They only got them in yesterday and sold three today already. They have 5 left (as at 3pm) so maybe a cheap flight is in order??

Theybsaid they were hard to come by... but I thought it was just a sales pitch. But it is the largest store in Australia!

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Pentax k-5 has sold out here in Adelaide from what I heard. The first stock hit on Wednesday. The D7000 is selling just as well. The sensor is very good.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would love to see some shots you take with the D7000.... Awesome awesome awesome!

Nikon D700 in all it's glory!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    me too.....want to see more pics. Congrats on getting it and enjoy.
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok - been a very busy day with the children - so here are a few candids of my firends son - by no means great photos - I still have to read through the manual!01.jpg
    03.jpg
    02.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's probably just me but i can see there's a red tinge to the photos.... do you have a photo editing program you use???
    If there is a red tinge to it... perhaps do some colour correction?
    He is so cute though... wanna play with his cheeks and squeeze him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The D7000 seems like a great camera. I happened to be in my local Camera House store enquiring about a k-5 when they had their first sample delivered, so I got to have an extended play with the sales staff. (to whom I'm known) Fantastic ergonomics. Improved toughness and Weather resistance. My impression is that Nikon were so impressed with the K-7 they have emulated the feel and quality (at the price point), which means that the D700 and the new K-5 (exactly the same body as the K-7) are sort of like distant cousins. Different parents, but pretty much the same. Very impressive AF, great feel in my large hands, equal best crop sensor on the market, what else could any enthusiast level photog want?

If I weren't already so invested in Pentax lenses I would probably have walked out the store with the D7000.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a play with one today and was pretty impressed. Really like the implementation of the focus system changing button with the wheels.
    Body only price was 1800 which is pretty steep, but i guess that will drop. I might be changing in 6 months or so once the prices have stabilized and it might actually be possible to get one.
    Very nice stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolffman View Post
    I had a play with one today and was pretty impressed. Really like the implementation of the focus system changing button with the wheels.
    Body only price was 1800 which is pretty steep, but i guess that will drop. I might be changing in 6 months or so once the prices have stabilized and it might actually be possible to get one.
    Very nice stuff
    They are in stock in the USA for US$1100, shipping sub US$100 for a body only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucky you! have ordered mine from Hardly Normal weeks ago and still waiting Have fun with your new toy exact same kit that i have ordered will be following your progress!

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you're enjoying the D7000 Annie. I bit the bullet and bought one off the shelf in Hong Kong last week. It's a great camera.
    Regards, Rob

D600, AF-S 35mm f1.8G DX, AF-S 50mm f1.8G, AF-S 24-85mm f3.5-4.5G ED VR, AF-S 70-300mm F4.5-5.6G VR, Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM
    Photos: geeoverbar.smugmug.com Software: CS6, Lightroom 4

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by farmer_rob View Post
    I hope you're enjoying the D7000 Annie. I bit the bullet and bought one off the shelf in Hong Kong last week. It's a great camera.
    yes I am loving it - but not enough time to practice. How are you getting on? I am lucky enough to have the 6 weeks school holidays off so will get really stuck in to it then.

Jaq have you got yours yet.... it will definately be worth the wait!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    See more at www.annpinnockphotography.com.au
    Sony A7R, Zeiss FE55 1.8, Zeiss FE16-35mm 4.0, Sony 28-70mm, Metabones Nikon convertor, Nikkor ED 70-300mm, Tamron 90mm Macro, Tripod, Lee Seven5 Filters, PS, LR,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My D7000 has a single stuck pixel in live mode and video.
    Sean O'Brien
    Harsh C&C always wanted, it's usually the best sort.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Obes View Post
    My D7000 has a single stuck pixel in live mode and video.
    I have read on other forums about 1 or 2 stuck pixels in liveview/video mode for the d7000. I'm not sure what can be done to map them out, but would guess that something like adobe premiere would have some tools to post-process them away. (Stuck pixels are not uncommon on even high-end video cameras if the web is to be believed.)

Does it show up in the images taken from liveview? Or only when replaying the video on the computer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't take video so it doesn't bother me, yes you could map it out in premiere I believe. I also believe you could take it to a Nikon Service Center and they map it out in firmware.

Normal photography it's a non issue to be honest. I have to do 30 second exposures at 1600 iso or more to see it. But it's there instantly in live view and in movies.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uploaded the wrong photo (tiger) ... and can't remove it! the D7000 can take much better shots... here's one of my youngest -

Eloise by AnnieInAus, on Flickr