User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Canon Sensor Cleaning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon Sensor Cleaning

Wondering if anyone can give me an idea where I can have a sensor cleaned in Perth, preferably south of the river. I would not want to even dream about trying to do it myself, just after someone reputable around here that I can send my 500D to so I can sell it.

Does anyone know if cleaning is the same price for all DSLRS?

I can't see any dirt at all but just want to make sure there is no question about it being clean.
    Imagine a world without photography... one could only imagine. - Berenice Abbott

I Shoot Canon

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there is none there why add more ?
    Col

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2261 View Post
    Wondering if anyone can give me an idea where I can have a sensor cleaned in Perth, preferably south of the river. I would not want to even dream about trying to do it myself, just after someone reputable around here that I can send my 500D to so I can sell it.

Does anyone know if cleaning is the same price for all DSLRS?

I can't see any dirt at all but just want to make sure there is no question about it being clean.
    a full frame sensor camera always costs a bit more to clean but since yours is APS-C it will be the same as any other same sized sensor. I wouldnt recommend cleaning it unless the dirt/dust is highly visible in the photos.

aim the camera at a grey background or a bright blue sky and stop it down to f16 or so and take a shot, you can see on the comp screen if there are any visible specks or streaks

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Tran View Post
    a full frame sensor camera always costs a bit more to clean but since yours is APS-C it will be the same as any other same sized sensor. I wouldnt recommend cleaning it unless the dirt/dust is highly visible in the photos.

aim the camera at a grey background or a bright blue sky and stop it down to f16 or so and take a shot, you can see on the comp screen if there are any visible specks or streaks
    Oh, ok thanks...I might leave the 500D then & just sell it, can't see anything at all, always careful changing lenses.

So what is the rough going rate to clean a FF sensor then, anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know anyone SOR, but Camera Electronic do them.
    You're lucky if you see nothing, I have terrible dust bunnies once I crank up the f numbers!
    Shirl
    Gear - 7D, Canon 100mm macro f2.8L, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 24-70 f2.8, nifty fifty, tripod, hitech filters, lowepro versapack and a long wishlist!
    http://www.shirleymilburn.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/ShirleyMilburnPhotography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should learn to clean the sensor it,s not that hard and save yourself some dollars, check out some tutorials there are different methods but if I had to take my camera in every time it got to dusty I would go broke the 5D is a dust magnet.
    My stuff.Canon 5DMk11 Canon 40d BG-E2N Canon 17/40 F.4 L
    Canon 400 F5.6 L