User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Hello from Morocco! Behind the scene shots of work from Morocco, HK and Vietnam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from Morocco! Behind the scene shots of work from Morocco, HK and Vietnam

Hello everyone I have been away from AP for over a month shooting for 2 designers from Singapore over in HK & UK and Morocco, and for some celebrity stuff in Vietnam in Saigon and Hoi An. It was amazing to be in Morocco and go from the medina in Marrakech to the snowfields to the Sahara desert within a week, one of the highlights of my trip. I have attached a variety of behind the scene shots from the last few weeks. I'll post up separate threads of the commercial/fashion shots we did later

STATISTICS FROM TRIP

-14 international flights in 31 days
    -1x assistant and 1x wardrobe person traveling with me the whole time
    -15 locals employed casually or for free for various roles and as extras
    -45kg total load from 2 backpacks (checked luggage and carry-on) for myself alone
    -2x Canon 5D2 bodies
    -3x lenses = 35, 85 and Sigma 12-24 for specialized shots
    -Broncolor Mobil A2R pack with 2x Mobiled 1600ws lights
    -2x light stands and shoot-through brollies

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thanks for the look at what you are up to. Looking forward to seeing some of the finished photos. Morocco is such a unique location, bet you loved the experiences.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a really interesting insight into the life of professional photography, thanks for sharing
    Canon 60D - 24-105 F4 L - Sigma 10-20 - Kit lenses - 50mm F:1.8 - Tamron 90mm F:2.8 Macro - 430 exII _ Extension Tube Set

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a fantastic place it is, and Thanks for taking the time to show us the beauties in and the beauty of Morocco
    Amazing all that climate change I cannot imaging snow, that's too cold for me.. Take care now

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's good to see you kept the cost of transport down (#5)
    And thankyou every so kindly, for showing us exactly how you go about your work. Not many pro TOGs would do that.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you are having a great time J M.

14 international flights in 31 days!!? Very impressive.

Thanks for sharing a glimpse of what you get up too on a pro shoot, and the amazing places you get to visit.

I look forward to seeing the commercial/fashion shots.
    Cheers, Sam

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for looking guys, regarding the snow - in Morocco it is the only place in North Africa that has a ski field! Up in Oukaimeden only 1.5 hours drive from Marrakech. Unfortunately for us, we went on a day when it was a national holiday - so every family and their donkey decided to drive to the mountain ski resort - all the way from Casablanca and Fez etc. I had never seen such a long convoy of vehicles snaking along the mountain passes and roads until that day!

we also experienced some cultural problems arising from the photoshoots there, due to some places where women have to be indoors by 7 or 8pm - and wearing the stuff we used for shoots only drew death stares from the older Islamic generations. So we tried to keep it as private and indoors as much as possible.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Envious as always, some great teasers there mate, having a great time I guess, no Self Portraite or silly shot of the models snapping the tog yet?

Morocco must be amazing, never picked it for snow tho, learn something new everyday.

I notice you've got the Lappy and LR open in the last shot, do you have it set to transfer straight to LR once you've taken the shot for better viewing, or just download to Lappy once shoot finished ???
    They call me "Blue" it's a red head thing.
    "My Flickr Site"
    Canon Bodies - 1DMk2N + 50D - Lenses - 17-35mm F2.8 L - 24-70mm F2.8 L - 70-200mm F2.8 L - 300mm F4 IS L - Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 - Sigma 10-20mm - DJI Mavic Pro Platinum
    " I Never get tired of looking at our diverse country, even if its through the lens of someone else".
    CC is always appreciated.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosta View Post
    Envious as always, some great teasers there mate, having a great time I guess, no Self Portraite or silly shot of the models snapping the tog yet?

Morocco must be amazing, never picked it for snow tho, learn something new everyday.

I notice you've got the Lappy and LR open in the last shot, do you have it set to transfer straight to LR once you've taken the shot for better viewing, or just download to Lappy once shoot finished ???
    Hello In controlled environments - mainly indoors - I tend to shoot synced straight to the laptop to be opened on LR straight away, so it provides another form of back up as well as letting the hair and make up ppl and myself see how everything is, and improve upon it. Just something standard I do for these types of stuff.

I dooooo have other shots, but they might not be that safe to post up on AP lol

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JM, What do you use to link, cord or a blue tooth type device ? and if not hard wired, will it work with other Canon bodies ????

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosta View Post
    JM, What do you use to link, cord or a blue tooth type device ? and if not hard wired, will it work with other Canon bodies ????
    I just used a normal USB2.0 cable connected to the 5D2, as thats the only device type for syncing with it. Not really a fan as it is very slow when you are cranking out raw files at 25-30MB and taking a shot per second. I prefer using firewire on the high end digital MF cameras for faster upload and preview. I am also looking forward to the spate of new pro cameras with gigabit ethernet connections for even faster upload - will be invaluable for this type of work and with file sizes getting bigger and bigger each year.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate,I thought thats what you might be using. The new transfer rates should be great for your line of work..