Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Advice from Imac owners please.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally went for the external monitors to be used with my macbook pro as I do not like the glass screen of the iMacs for professional photo editing. It is fine and oh so pretty to look at but the reflections is bad for judging shadows and colours etc.

You would need to calibrate an iMac asap too if you were to buy one, I find them a bit over saturated from the factory.

Or if budget isnt that much of a problem, you can source an 8 core Mac Pro desktop that has been refurbished from the Apple store for around 3.5k and under. Or a new one etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Tran View Post
    I personally went for the external monitors to be used with my macbook pro as I do not like the glass screen of the iMacs for professional photo editing. It is fine and oh so pretty to look at but the reflections is bad for judging shadows and colours etc.

You would need to calibrate an iMac asap too if you were to buy one, I find them a bit over saturated from the factory.

Or if budget isnt that much of a problem, you can source an 8 core Mac Pro desktop that has been refurbished from the Apple store for around 3.5k and under. Or a new one etc.
    Yes - a bit oversaturated and a bit too bright. Great for the showroom floor, but a shocker for the eyes at home. BTW - I believe the new iMacs can still act as monitors - there was some bad information circulating at the time of their release.
    Calxoddity
    Concert Pianist, Test Pilot, Pathological Liar

Nikon D40, Sigma 17-70 F2.8-4.5 HSM, Nikkor AF-D 50mm f1.8
    Post Processing: Aperture 3 & Photoshop Elements 6