Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Sending images.... waht size etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sending images.... waht size etc

Just a quick question,
    Michael and I took some pics of a guy and his dog that we met in the park the other day and offered to send him a couple, just wondering what would be best to send, full size or a sized 6x4 for example, I'm assuming jpeg would also be best.

What do ya reckon?
    Cheers, Lani.
    Bodies: Nikon D700, D300 Primes: Nikon 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4G, 105mm VR 2.8, 300mm f4. Zooms: Nikon 14-24 2.8, 24-70 2.8, 70-200VR II 2.8, Sigma 10-20mm Processing: Photoshop CS5 extended, LR 3.2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, if it was just a friendly gesture and you weren't planning on selling or anything, I'd give him something like 1024x **** whatever is in proportion.

That's just me though.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, just being friendly, no dollars invloved , thanks for the input!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you mean send by email or send by print?

Agree with Dbax if emailing, send them at AP size, he can still print them, but not to big. If you are going to print and send him a few prints, send some 6x4's but make up some stickers with your name, email, and maybe phone number, and stick to the back of them. You never know, he might call and ask about a bigger print! $$$

EDIT - just saw your reply Lani, Still do the sticker, if you are sending prints. You never know, he might show them to friends and you might get a job or two.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Do you mean send by email or send by print?

Agree with Dbax if emailing, send them at AP size, he can still print them, but not to big. If you are going to print and send him a few prints, send some 6x4's but make up some stickers with your name, email, and maybe phone number, and stick to the back of them. You never know, he might call and ask about a bigger print! $$$

EDIT - just saw your reply Lani, Still do the sticker, if you are sending prints. You never know, he might show them to friends and you might get a job or two.
    No, I'm just emailing them Rick.... I'm friendly but not friendly enough to do prints for nothing. Might be a bit far to travel for jobs, he lives on the West Coast.... although you never know.... I did give him one of my cards.
    Thanks for your thoughts.