User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  6

Thread: Bought a D610… NOT ONLINE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bought a D610… NOT ONLINE!

Happy just doesn't seemed to describe how I am feeling… I GOT A D610!!!

I've posted many times about how much I enjoy online shopping and also my belief that if 'retail' wants us (the consumer) to buy local than they need to provide service and advise in order to compete with the HUGE online/overseas market that is usually cheaper.

Well once again Georges in Sydney proved that you can compete with HK and other offshore retailers. I was able to get my D610 at almost the same price with great service and advise AND it comes with an extra 12 months warranty (2 years total). That makes 2 large purchases (large for me that is ) in 12 months that I have got from them. Looks like I have been converted.

Now off to get some shots….

danny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nikon supplies 2 year warranty on cameras, good idea to register with Nikon Australia.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danny View Post
    ..... I was able to get my D610 at almost the same price with great service and advise ......
    Good 'o Danny!

I've said on numerous occasions .. I don't mind paying more, but only up to a point. That point varies from item to item, and the reputation of the item in question.

When I got my D800, I was concerned it may have the focus issue, so I made sure to get it from a reputable store with very good warranty service .. just in case.
    I expected to pay a premium for it back then and I did(and happily not above my $500 price difference limit).

My personal reasons for preferring buying locally has less to do with advice tho.

Having been in the transport sector for far too long, I know how individual goods are 'handled'(if you could call it that) from warehouse to delivery point by the various individuals that the item goes through. So I try to keep any sensitive equipment purchases that could be susceptible to mishandling to an absolute minimum!

Strangely on this topic too .. I still have the half crushed packaging that my D70s came to me in .. from about 8 years ago!

Have fun with your new toy
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new Camera Danny you will have fun with that.
    I never buy my Cameras on line, as I agree with Arthur.
    Though almost all my other Camera Gear I do buy on line except camera bags.

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff. Sounds like you did a bit of arm twisting to get a good deal like that. The asian wayyy

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW!!! Do I love this camera. This image was shot under a train!!! in a large shed, with only a couple of fluro lights. I am amazed at the colours and sharpness.

danny
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Danny! Ive noticed the price has dropped more since I purchased mine, about $1800 in AUS stores last I noticed and Im surprised cos I purchased mine when the AU$ was doing better and was watching going south thinking the price will go up.
    Good stuff, you will be happy.
    Cheers Glenn
    NIKON D610
    FUJIFILM X-T20

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep glennb about $1800 is what I paid. I tried to haggle but they weren't going a dollar under. Im not surprised really given that it is about the same price grey. But boy did they try to sell me other stuff unfortunately for them my wife was with me and I had already had to 'convince' her that I 'needed' the camera.

danny