Thread: Selling Camera Gear - best options

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selling Camera Gear - best options

Hi All,
    I have not sold any gear for maybe 2+ yrs but am now looking to put some items on the market. Can anyone provide advise on the best options for selling camera gear, maybe website etc. I looked at eBay and although it provides some great coverage - the commission ebay want is ridiculous, in MHO anyways.
    For $1200 in sales eBay want $119 plus a percentage of the shipping cost included.

Before I get to be that desperate to list on eBay, I would like to explore other options where some have had success.

Thanks in Advance,

Mike
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Locally on Gumtree, Facebook 'Canon' group sales.
    Regards
    John
    Nikon D750, Sigma 105mm OS Macro, Tokina 16-28 F2.8, Sigma 24-105 Art, Sigma 150-600C,
    Benro Tripod and Monopod with Arca plates

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can always try here on AP: http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...hy-Classifieds

No fees at all
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

The Commander
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx J.Davis - appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

Thanx Rick, Will do. I thought we still had to use the Camera Market site but since I posted did see we can place an ad directly on AP now - thanx, I am a bit behind the times :-)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikew09 View Post
    Thanx J.Davis - appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

Thanx Rick, Will do. I thought we still had to use the Camera Market site but since I posted did see we can place an ad directly on AP now - thanx, I am a bit behind the times :-)
    We shut down the cameramarket linking quite a while ago now. Cameramarket changed hands and the new owner was no removing spam posts etc. I spoke with the original owner and he was not happy about how the site was being managed after the sale, but nothing he could do (obviously) so we decided to break that link to them and re-open our own classifieds.

The Commander
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx Rick. Yea, would have been 2 yrs ago I recon when I last sold some gear and that site was the place used. I actually list on the site and has been sitting in pending approval for 3 days now - even emailed admin and no response so seems the site has in-fact gone to the dogs.
    I will get the ad on AP soon

Serial Truant....
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding eBay, the fees may be high but in my experience often the final price at auction is higher.
    Last edited by phild; 17-09-2016 at 9:33pm.

The Commander
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx Phild - Have never really been a user of eBay for sales and I find there explanations a little unlear, hence a couple of Q's

If you don't sell at auction do you still have to pay the selling fee?,
    Do you set an minimum bit and how much below sale price?

Appreciate any feed back on eBay - I do expect it is the place most likely to get you a sale so I may end up there if I have trouble selling my gear.