Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Photoholic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Lance ,
    Surely for that amount of money it would come with the Hotshoe cover or am I missing something , I'd be contacting whoever you bought it from and saying ...Really !!!! I think you forgot to pack something with my new baby ...
    Looking forward to seeing some images
    Does a one legged duck swim in an eliptic circle

Who let the rabble in?
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatch View Post
    Hi Lance ,
    Surely for that amount of money it would come with the Hotshoe cover or am I missing something , I'd be contacting whoever you bought it from and saying ...Really !!!! I think you forgot to pack something with my new baby ...
    Looking forward to seeing some images
    Thanks, Goatch.

The manual indicates that there is no hotshoe cover included.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cage View Post
    Congratulations on the new toy Lance.
    Thanks, Kev!

You raise a very valid point with the shutter quietness. I was out yesterday and shooting from about 3m, and even with the shutter in 'Quiet' mode it was still loud enough to spook some birds.

I guess it is something I will have to live with as I've only recently got my D800 and I'm many, many moons away from my next upgrade.
    I went out to day taking photos with my friend who has the Canon 5D MKIII. It seems as though he was always using quiet mode when we shot together and so I thought that his 5D MKIII was normally that quiet, but it appears not! So, I showed him how quiet the new shutter is on the D810 and we compared them both in normal mode on both cameras, the D810 is much quieter than the 5D MKIII!! In quiet mode on both cameras it is still a slight win to the D810.