Thread: Voigtlander 58mm F/1.4 Nokton - an alternative 50mm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only found out about the 40/2 after I ordered the Zeiss 35/2 - otherwise I probably would have got it. I think they really are underrated lenses - and like you said they are manufactured in Japan by Cosina -who are also contracted out by Zeiss to make their lenses. You can tell when you have it in hand, feels every bit as well built as the Zeiss line and the optical quality beats the pants off most of the AF 50mm offerings.
    Nikon D750
    Olympus m/43
    Rolleicord IV

My SmugMug

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
    I only found out about the 40/2 after I ordered the Zeiss 35/2 - otherwise I probably would have got it. I think they really are underrated lenses - and like you said they are manufactured in Japan by Cosina -who are also contracted out by Zeiss to make their lenses. You can tell when you have it in hand, feels every bit as well built as the Zeiss line and the optical quality beats the pants off most of the AF 50mm offerings.
    I would sell off the Biogon and get the 40 to be honest :P LOL. After buying to 40, I will have extra cash to fund for something else. Unless you are a collector, then the Biogon will come in handy in the future. Then again, these Cosina lenses might go up in price too someday, and you are right,... not many people take it seriously because of it's price tag. But to me it is worth every penny spent, and a whole lot more if you use it to earn something.