User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which shop I can get my pro camera body which offer long term interest fee payment option?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which shop I can get my pro camera body which offer long term interest fee payment option?

It is probably going to be the weirdest question I have ever asked on the forum

With the battle of me getting a 1Dx vs minister of war and finance - I am finally seeing some light on the better side of the tunnel

At the moment the condition is if I can find myself shop which sells 1Dx also offer interest free payment option, then I am allow to get it.

While Harvey Norman don't sell pro body, (Brisbane) I have tried camera house, Ted and digital camera warehouse, but none of them offer the payment option

Just wonder if anyone (even from other states) knows shops that sell pro-body which offer such payment option? I will fly there tomorrow if I could

Thanks for your tips in advance

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most of the ones that offer the interest free options are places like HN JBhifi etc. All I can suggest is you call around them and see if anyone is willing to do the deal for you and order the product into stock?
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am always wary of "interest free" options. Term payments on anything means there is interest in the final price. No question. It costs the retailer money to finance your purchase, so he adds that cost into the price before it becomes 'the price". The real down side for an "interest free" price is that anyone who wants a cash price from that retailer which is less than the interest free price can't get one. They must also pay the interest free price because if they get a discount for paying up front, the ACCC will jump bn the retailer because his interest free price is not really interest free.

In my experience, a retailer who doesn't offer interest free, can always be cheaper than one that does because of this.

Just make sure your total outlay is acceptable to you and not significantly more expensive than the cash price somewhere else. The extra you pay for interest free must be acceptable to you for the convenience of being able to do business that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy

Interest free isn't interest free, they just put the interest on the price at the front end

Have you tried a bit of lateral thinking. Buy on Credit Card. Get an interest free or very low interest balance transfer which will only be for a max of 12 months (may be less - google) if you haven't paid it off by then, get another, if you haven't paid it off by then.. you couldn't really afford it .

When we bought a new caravan 2 1/2 years ago the trade in wasn't worth much so we needed to borrow $20,000. A personal loan was around 9-14 % depending on which bank. I got a balance transfer of $18,000 from one bank, that actually didn't have an expiry, at 3.25%. I've been paying it off fairly rapidly, but only the minimum goes off the card & the balance of the savings in to an at call account at 5.25%

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep I understand the interest free really isn't interest free. They up the price a little and on top of that I properly need to pay a monthly setup fee of some sort.

But my wife is the one who control the finance and if she say it's the only way for me to get what I want, I just try to meet that condition She can worry about the rest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andylo View Post
    But my wife is the one who control the finance and if she say it's the only way for me to get what I want, I just try to meet that condition She can worry about the rest
    Herein lies your problem.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I know, things people do for love, you know....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear that D800e's eat 1dx's for breakfast ... Is that true?
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dd photographics use Flexirent I know it's not interest free but you'll be doing monthly repayments.
    Last edited by JasonR; 03-04-2013 at 5:20pm.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ratuus I dunno about that but after 1Dx I won't be able to get any breakfast couple of years for sure!

jason, another reason I would like to buy from a CPS shop is because I want to get into the CPS program as well. Don't think buying from DDP would help.... but having say that if I really have running out of options.....

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    another reason I would like to buy from a CPS shop is because I want to get into the CPS program as well. Don't think buying from DDP would help.... but having say that if I really have running out of options.....
    Andylo, have you ever heard the expression "I want to have my cake and eat it too" ?

Really mate, without being rude you seem to think that having all the gear ( interest free ) and CPS membership is suddenly going to make you the worlds best photographer or something.

Have you outgrown your present camera that much?
    If you have, why haven't you made enough money from it to fund a new camera?
    After all that is what the CPS program is all about supporting, people who make money with their gear and upgrade accordingly.

My advice,
    Sell a wife or child or two,
    get a credit card that you can churn over every 6 months to get the best deal going,
    cancel your pay tv subscription and stop eating at maccas for the next 2 years.
    Last edited by I @ M; 03-04-2013 at 6:26pm.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The "minister of war and finance" needs a lesson in finance and you need a lesson in war !!!
    As pointed out, there are better (and ultimately cheaper) ways than long term interest free, though I do understand we must do what we must do.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I@M, I am afraid your advice just as uninformative as your comments overall.

I am not trying to be the world best photographer and the reason I want CPS just because the service they offer. I do photography professionally, on part time basis, but it is not my main stream of income. The money I made from photography so far can buy 8 x 1Dx and a bit. But it is my arrangement with my wife (and my family) that she's the one who looking after all the incomes.

I love photography because it's my passion and buying gear is also happen to be part of it.

I merely find it difficult for where I am locating, I am not able to find a viable payment option to get what I want without causing a fight with my love one.

I am afraid you are the only one have derail this thread at the moment.

Photography and sharing can be so much fun, why so snobbery? why so pretentious ?

Anyway I have concluded there is nowhere in Australia I can get what I want in the way I preferred. I will just have to harden it up and get it from the DCW at full price.

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I@M, I am afraid your advice just as uninformative as your comments overall.

I am not trying to be the world best photographer and the reason I want CPS just because the service they offer. I do photography professionally, on part time basis, but it is not my main stream of income. The money I made from photography so far can buy 8 x 1Dx and a bit. But it is my arrangement with my wife (and my family) that she's the one who looking after all the incomes.

I love photography because it's my passion and buying gear is also happen to be part of it.

I merely find it difficult for where I am locating, I am not able to find a viable payment option to get what I want without causing a fight with my love one.

I am afraid you are the only one have derail this thread at the moment.

Photography and sharing can be so much fun, why so snobbery? why so pretentious ?

Anyway I have concluded there is nowhere in Australia I can get what I want in the way I preferred. I will just have to harden it up and get it from the DCW at full price.
    If you're making money from photography, then your original agreement with your wife should be that a portion of it goes into gear (as any professional photographer would do) and a portion goes into insurance (you do have insurance don't you, because if you don't, you could find yourself losing everything).

Ultimately, photography is a professional that requires gear. That aside, if you haven't been setting aside money, then you need to start now but if you intend only reserving enough for the finance payments, that's probably a mistake as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    Really mate, without being rude you seem to think that having all the gear ( interest free ) and CPS membership is suddenly going to make you the worlds best photographer or something.

Have you outgrown your present camera that much?
    If you have, why haven't you made enough money from it to fund a new camera?
    After all that is what the CPS program is all about supporting, people who make money with their gear and upgrade accordingly.
    didn't know you are now a spokesperson for CPS, congrats!
    Successful People Make Adjustments - Evander Holyfield

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, this guy got ripped apart! All he wanted to know is if anyone knew where you can get a 1Dx on a finance plan.... Who cares what logic he is using when he arrived at this decision, nor how he decides to run his finances or weather he pays 15k for a 10k camera, thats a decision he will make and it has absolutely no impact on anyone else.

On behalf of all who paid attention to your initial post mate, i appologise for the pain you have been served with... If i knew where you could get a 1Dx on finance i'd tell you. However, i don't. But what i can suggest is that you could maybe look into a personal loan through your bank... You will have a set payment plan on a set interest rate and you will also get to take home your camera, all bases covered, happy wife happy life

Also, there is a company called CERTERGY these people speciallize in 'No interest Ever' finance on a layby arrangement. So in essence, you get the goods today with a minimum deposit normally 25% and and the remainder of the cost divided over 12, 24 or 36 months. It may pay to give this mob a call and ask if they have agreements with any retaillers that deal in camera gear and go from there...

Good luck on your hunt and your photography work.
    Daniel Thompson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Canon 7D & 5D Mark II : 24-70mm f2.8L : 70-200mm f2.8L IS II : 17-40mm f4L : CANON EF 100MM F2.8 MACRO L IS USM: 10-22mm f3.5-4.5 USM : 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS : 50mm f1.8 : 430EX II & 580EX II External Speedlites : Manfrotto 190X PROB + 804RC2 head : Lee CPL, ND and GND filter system : Lee Big Stopper : CS6 Photoshop : PS Elements 11 : PS Lightroom 5 Tightly packed into a Lowepro Pro Runner 450

Follow me on FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/GreenOrchardPhotography

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ask Hardly Normal if they would bring in a camera for you? I know that the Chadstone centre here in Melbourne carry a more comprehensive range of cameras but to what extent I don't know. They would surely order you one if you had completed all the paperwork and committed to the sale????? Don't give up as an outcome will happen to your satisfaction. cheers Brian PS I have the same Minister of Finance apparently. She has controlled my finances for over 45 years and other than a few times I would not have it any other way....
    Cheers Brian.

Canon 7D Kit lenses EFS 18-55 IS EFS 55-250 IS EF28-90 Canon EF 2xll Extender Sigma DG150-500 OS Speedlight 420EX. 580EX

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dt86vyss View Post
    wow, this guy got ripped apart! All he wanted to know is if anyone knew where you can get a 1Dx on a finance plan.... Who cares what logic he is using when he arrived at this decision, nor how he decides to run his finances or weather he pays 15k for a 10k camera, thats a decision he will make and it has absolutely no impact on anyone else.

On behalf of all who paid attention to your initial post mate, i appologise for the pain you have been served with... If i knew where you could get a 1Dx on finance i'd tell you. However, i don't. But what i can suggest is that you could maybe look into a personal loan through your bank... You will have a set payment plan on a set interest rate and you will also get to take home your camera, all bases covered, happy wife happy life

Also, there is a company called CERTERGY these people speciallize in 'No interest Ever' finance on a layby arrangement. So in essence, you get the goods today with a minimum deposit normally 25% and and the remainder of the cost divided over 12, 24 or 36 months. It may pay to give this mob a call and ask if they have agreements with any retaillers that deal in camera gear and go from there...

Good luck on your hunt and your photography work.
    But I also see the other side. Answer me this. You are an advanced photography (as your profile states), you charge $3000.00 to shoot a 6 hour wedding, including a set number of prints, and provide an album for another $500.00. Extra prints are sold based on size etc, you basically sit down with the client and arrange a quote and package.

I come to you, we sit down, my package comes to $4500.00. I then say, well I want it cheaper, I want it at $3500.00. You say no, I can have a cheaper package, but I would not get the album included at that price. I say I want it at that price, oh and I cannot afford it, I want to pay you $100.00 a week for 35 weeks to pay for it, but I want you to shoot the wedding in 4 weeks time.

People want top level professional services, at the cheapest rates these days. Andrew's reply merely showed that the OP wants the cheapest possible price and be able to pay it off and without having to pay interest and he wants to get CPS as well. Something has to give.
    Last edited by ricktas; 08-04-2013 at 8:32am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harvey Norman is probably your best bet, you will need to talk with the store owner to see what interest free period he can do for you.

Also can someone tell me what CPS stands for please?

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, I once went to ask about this very caper, Andylo, at a store you mentioned. I don't wish to dissuade you from your quest, but I walked away from that place thinking to myself the likes of, "At your age do such a stupid thing!" Of course, I did not. I waited some time until I could afford a camera that I wanted. Some time later on the modern oracle - TV - I saw the very head of the chain decrying his very own scheme. He ended up saying that he wouldn't do it - ie, take the XYZ months interest free option.

As I said, I am not trying to dissuade you, but if I have then I will feel better.
    Am.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gonk0 View Post
    Harvey Norman is probably your best bet, you will need to talk with the store owner to see what interest free period he can do for you.

Also can someone tell me what CPS stands for please?
    From the context, it probably means, CP Service, where CP means Cheapest Possible.

And since we're talking about cheapness, you can be sure that the word "service" just does not get a seat.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 08-04-2013 at 10:37am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast