User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Scarecocky

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scarecocky

You have all heard of a Scarecrow, well this is a Scarecocky.

Hubby Tony said to me yesterday have you got any old clothes, sure I said you can have all my old painting gear from when we built the house.
    I thought he wanted them to clean the lawn mowers or any general cleaning down the shed, though he usually raids the old towels for that.
    Imagine my surprise when I look out the bedroom door this morning and seen this down near the back fence.

Oh I said you have built a Scarecrow.. That's not a Scarecrow its a Scarecocky we don't have Crows here
    Ok then I suppose its to keep the Cockies off the Corn is it, too right it is those blasted birds are not going to get these beauties he said.
    And very proud of this first lot of corn is Tony with double cobs on each stem and the freezer full up, the neighbours will score well.

Then why have you put the Scarecocky between the Banana palm and the Mango tree why not in front of the Corn
    Because the Cockies will fly by and see it from this direction I don't know about that I said.
    The Cockies come in from the front side of the house have a drink at the bird bath in front of the shed then fly to the left not down the back

They have good eyesight they can see all over the place was his reply.. Could not argue with that one as I have no idea..

I don't her blue lips I will find a red texta and go over them, you cant do that, why I ask, because its a Boy Scarecocky !!!
    And its name is Albert, then why has Albert got my clothes on, and who's sleeveless cardigan has he got on we don't own clothes like that.
    I don't know someone must have given it to me, yeah that would be right the neighbours give Tony all their junk saves them tossing it out
    The shed is full of junk, around these parts Tony is known as the Inventor nothing is wasted and rightly so.

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL Mary Anne I had to laugh at the first image, It looks so painful
    So many snails this season they almost ate the veggie garden over night..
    I love raw corn from the garden Mmm Mm
    Last edited by Duane Pipe; 04-12-2011 at 5:13pm.
    Canon 7d efs 15-85mm, Sigma 150-500mm. Nicon coolpix 5400

Loves The Wildlife.
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are right there Dave it does look a bit odd plus it has short legs like me Sorry to hear about your veggie garden that's terrible
    We don't have snails here though there are plenty of other small and huge Insects that probably eat more than snails do.
    Oh Yes Fresh Corn from the garden is delicious its so juicy I am looking forward to tasting a little of it..

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sounds like Tony needs to come to Tassie. We have a scarecrow (cocky) trail here, where the East Coast highway comes alive with scarecrows and as you drive along they are doing all manner of things from playing footy to fishing in a dam.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/photos/2...08/3359482.htm
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Love how your corn looks Mary Anne. Ours is just starting to sprout, and for the last 3 nights (and the next 4) overnight temps under 10 degrees (it's bloody summer )
    Good luck with the Scarecocky, reckon the birds will figure it out pretty quick.
    And what would we call a flock of Scarecockys?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Loves The Wildlife.
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Sounds like Tony needs to come to Tassie. We have a scarecrow (cocky) trail here, where the East Coast highway comes alive with scarecrows and as you drive along they are doing all manner of things from playing footy to fishing in a dam.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/photos/2...08/3359482.htm
    Yes Rick I think he does, we both liked what was on that link and I hope it has given Tony ideas for the next Scarecocky Thanks for that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bahahaha love it!
    God I'd have had a heart attack seeing that thing down in the garden without warning though !

Perhaps an Alberta is next on the list, and maybe a bit closer to the corn?

PS wish I were your neighbour, I love me some yummy fresh corn!
    Nikon gal

Loves The Wildlife.
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Love how your corn looks Mary Anne. Ours is just starting to sprout, and for the last 3 nights (and the next 4) overnight temps under 10 degrees (it's bloody summer )
    Good luck with the Scarecocky, reckon the birds will figure it out pretty quick.
    And what would we call a flock of Scarecockys?
    The Corn does look nice Mark Thanks, mind you the Grasshoppers are enjoying the leaves and I hope the Caterpillars stay away from the Cobs
    Goodness that is cold for this time of the year mind you our low temps are 15 degrees lately.
    I reckon the birds will work it out too they are not silly No idea what you would call a flock of Scarecockys ?
    After searching Google for ideas and find that a flock of Crows and Ravens are a Murder and a flock of Owls are a Parliament the mind boggles

I don't think I could beat those two.. Love your Scarecrows and Thanks for Sharing

Loves The Wildlife.
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marika View Post
    Bahahaha love it!
    God I'd have had a heart attack seeing that thing down in the garden without warning though !

Perhaps an Alberta is next on the list, and maybe a bit closer to the corn?

PS wish I were your neighbour, I love me some yummy fresh corn!
    Thank You.. Yes Alberta could be the one next time, that sound good to me
    Its nothing for me to find strange things in the garden though usually they are made out of what we grow like this Tall Sunflower.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL Mary Anne - I hope he/she did the trick.

Loves The Wildlife.
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time will tell Ann as those Corn are not quite ripe yet