Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: London Underground Rules for Cameras

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

London Underground Rules for Cameras

Planning on taking the family to London in feb and was just googling trip places etc, when i found this interesting tit bit.

http://www.bjp-online.com/british-jo...ansport-museum

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough ban tropods and professional photography but this seems like a decision based on an ill informed thought process. A Leica is OK as is a Nikon F6 but a Canon 1000D or Nikon D3000 is no go.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sign mentions concerns over high quality sensors so I'm assuming they're worried about people selling the images. If I was them I would also be concerned about being able to work out the layout of the station for terrorism purposes. It would be relatively easy for someone to gain access to the underground system via the abandoned station. etc
    Ryan

D800 | Nikkor 24-70mm ƒ/2.8 | Cullmann Tripod |Manfrotto 680B Monopod | Lowepro Flipside 400 AW | 2x Yungnuo 560 flash & wireless trigger| FleaBay Lightstand, umbrella and collapsible softbox
    My Flickr site
    RSK Photography - Perth based Motorsport Photography

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whadder lodder crepe! (Excuse the French.) (No madder how yer look adder 't.)
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 98kellrs View Post
    The sign mentions concerns over high quality sensors so I'm assuming they're worried about people selling the images. If I was them I would also be concerned about being able to work out the layout of the station for terrorism purposes. It would be relatively easy for someone to gain access to the underground system via the abandoned station. etc
    True, but if there was a terrorist in hope of figuring out the layout, I'm sure there would be public records or what's to stop them getting a decent P&S camera and just going photo crazy in there??

I don't know about terrorists going and learning how to use a DSLR instead of just getting a cheap P&S which they can easily hide if needed and just photographing everything =P

I think this rule is silly, because it then comes down to the discretion of the staff as to what is "professional" and not, and hey, shouldn't a pro be able to quickly set up settings and take a shot and move on? Where as the general tourist with their little cameras may stand there longer trying to line things up?

Decided to "shave" my signature ;]
    Now mostly shoots with: Canon 5D MK3 & Canon 24-70 f/2.8/50mm f/1.8 (also have a 550D with a variety of lenses/goodies and a Sony Nex-5N)
    PP with: Lightroom only, Photoshop is merely a 9-5 work tool for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW the topic subject line is highly misleading as clearly the OP hasnt read the article properly - the sign in question relates to just one London Undergroung Tube Station that has been decommissoned _ ie it isnt in use as a train station.

In addtion (while I too think its stupid ) it would help if more people read the reason given, which is that the management believe that those using high end DLSRs would delay the flow of the tours. Which like it or not has an element of truth to it.
    Last edited by Longshots; 23-12-2011 at 8:48pm.
    William

www.longshots.com.au

I am the PhotoWatchDog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's okay. You just can't take in digital slr's.
    Which is why I'm setting up a large format view camera on the platform. Sorry chaps...excuse the lighting balloons.