Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    can't remember
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geoff, just one problem with your idea: I don't have a smartphone. (Nor do I want one.) Other than that, it makes good sense.
    Tony

It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannin View Post
    Geoff, just one problem with your idea: I don't have a smartphone. (Nor do I want one.) Other than that, it makes good sense.
    Yet.

You've not a smartphone... yet.

To be honest, I was the last person of everyone I knew who got a phone. I hate phones, and I hate talking to people on phones. I make 4 or 5 calls a year, and they're all to my wife... Phones are in no way shape or form "my thing," and I especially hated the Iphone trend too.

But I have to admit, after caving in somewhere along the way, I'm completely on board now. The first and most important thing I always looked at when getting a phone was the camera, and finally having one with a decent one, it's just opened the door to the good times. Like I said above, great memories have been captured, but also, I've just captured some cool images along the way that I'd never have captured, just because I've had a decent camera with me at opportune times.

I truly understand your resistance because it was me not too long ago, but jeez they're convenient. You do have a mobile phone, I assume? Out of curiosity, what about the smartphone displeases you most?