Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  6

Thread: Found a great set of free online tutorials

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found a great set of free online tutorials

While hunting for information to demystify the distinctions between the new Nikon D4 and D800 cameras, I came across this extremely useful set of tutorials from Cambridge in Colour.

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm

I can be particularly "thick" at times, probably a product of the myriad of brain cells I've killed off in my lifetime, but I (almost) managed to understand the relationship between sensor size, pixel density and DoF in one of the Cambridge tutorials. Go figure.

Bottom line: I thought I should share the link with everyone else here at AP. As great as our Library and tutorials are, sometimes you need it worded or presented another way before it sinks in. I know I do. Enjoy!
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who matter don't mind don't matter and those who mind don't matter - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 x 2 | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Nikkor AF 85 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the link Waz. I will have a gekko at it. I just hope my limited brain can absorb some of it..
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For another good set of free tutorials go to "You Tube" and look at the "Digital Photography 1 on 1" series. There are 74 episodes with each episode covering a new topic.
    Try this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnn5nzPvoIM
    Cheers
    Darey

Nikon user, Thick skinned and wanting to improve, genuine C & C welcomed.

Photographs don't lie ! - Anonymous Liar

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darey View Post
    For another good set of free tutorials go to "You Tube" and look at the "Digital Photography 1 on 1" series. There are 74 episodes with each episode covering a new topic.
    Try this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnn5nzPvoIM
    Terrific stuff, Darey. I'll be working my way through those vids too! Thanks for sharing.