Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Game of Thrones!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Game of Thrones!

being a huge fan of George RR Martin's books, I'm very eagerly awaiting the series that is coming out later this month on HBO.
    Also, alot of it was filmed around Scotland and the UK so I'll be watching for familiar scenes hehe

preview here : (MA rated)
    http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/i...SVpgIAXbkXOA==
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good - can always count on HBO for some high production values; my only problem with it is Sean Bean Have you seen Boardwalk Empire yet?
    Steve
    The more we live, the more we see.

Canon EOS 7D with Canon EFS 10-22 US, Canon EFS 18-55, Canon EFS 55-250 plus Tiffen full ND filters 0.3, 0.6 and 0.9. Digital darkroom of SONY Vaio and Adobe Master Collection CS5.
    Ikelite underwater housing with dome and straight ports.

Steve Munro, Cinematographer and underwater camera operator.
    www.wide-angle.tv And Redbubble

Shore Crawler
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dunno about boardwalk empire - but he was recently in a grizzly movie black death! will look it up later lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bean's not in Boardwalk Empire but it is a HBO series, awesome
    Steve

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not long finished reading the last book. Next to come out in November. The only thing I dislike about the book, is that everytime you get to like a character, he kills them off...
    My Son started me on these books after just finished reading "The Wheel Of Time" Which still has books to come out. And he was worried I was going to read "Lord Of The Rings" for the fifteenth time.
    A 15 minute preview can be found by doing a search in google for "notablog" and it's pretty good. The 10 episode series starts on the 17th of April in America on HBO, which we don't have.

A book one can love and hate at the same time.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Shore Crawler
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    geoff - did you know that Dance with Dragons is coming out on July 12!!! I can't wait - I felt like the 4th book was just filler telling about the southern parts. I hope George RR Martin doesn't die before he finishes it off - Jordan died before he could finish the series but luckily had left plans for the final book.

Speaking of deaths, I must say, the 2 major ones that happened in book 3 caught me completely off guard lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I didn't know about the 12th of July. I thought it would be later in the year.
    The Death of one of the major characters in the first book threw me. It saddened me that, that character doesn't seem to last long, as he did in LOTR. Also in the first book.
    And when the little ones were hanging on the wall, I nearly threw the book at my son and said I wasn't going to read anymore.
    The return of Mum got me. Although a little pale, but still in there.
    I don't like the idea of going back in time in the next book. although I do want to know what happened to the dwarf and the handicapped kid, and his bastard brother. (Names not mentioned cause I don't want to ruin it for others)

As for "Wheel of Time" The only thing that annoyed me, was how Jordan discribed each character. As if a fashion guru. You'd be desperate to see what happens next, and you'd have to read 5 pages of how a woman looked, and the size of her breasts. But it does have a good story line. And what happens to Matt in the last book, really threw me. I'm a bit of a Perrin fan though in that series.
    Last edited by geoffsta; 06-04-2011 at 6:11pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtoh View Post
    dunno about boardwalk empire - but he was recently in a grizzly movie black death! will look it up later lol
    do not..... i repeat .. do not waste your time with black death !!

c grade

Shore Crawler
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol I watched black death and came out of it thinking ......the point being? ....

Geoff "Nynaeve fiddling with her braid" got to me after a while too lol
    I'm really looking forward to the undead bits if the preview's first scene are anything to go by - pretty chilling

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a no holes barred type of series. If the series sticks to the book, it should be good.
    Love to know what Bran is up to though..

Back to Basics
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is something to look forward to! I am really wondering how it will pan out though, considering George R.R. Martin hasn't written the last two books of the series yet! Book 5 is out in July this year after about 4 or 5 years of "promises" that it would be finished "soon". Going on the trends of delays between each of the books, each one takes longer than the previous one, so book 6 should be out in about 2020! And the final one about 2035! Of course, Martin will be dead by then, so he'll have to nominate someone to write it for him when he's on his final breaths. The new writer will then decide that there's too much material for a final book, so it will be split into 3! Which means an even longer wait!

You might detect a certain amount of cynicism here ...... because I don't "get" authors who go all out on a book series and then decide to start on (multiple) new projects instead of finishing what they have started.

Robert Jordan - the Wheel of Time! Died before the "final" book. Brian Sanderson took over the writing and decided to make it 3 books because of too much material. So, we're still waiting for the "final" final book! Mind you, I prefer Sanderson's writing by far! He's much easier to read than Jordan.

Isobelle Carmody - the Obernewtyn series. I believe it was originally aimed at the younger readers - ie. teens; well, I was younger when I started reading this series! First book in the "5" book series was published in 1987! Each book got progressively longer and though the gap was about 5 years between each, we got to book 4 in 2000 - and then it all stopped! Interminable wait for the "final" book, and then finally, in 2008 it came out! And it wasn't actually until I got to the end that I found out that ....... it wasn't the last book after all! Latest I heard, there are at least 2 more books!!! Who knows when!

Anyway, back to Game of Thrones. If the HBO series goes well, we can only hope it will give Martin the impetus needed to finish off the series!
    Cheryl B.

My Stuff... Canon 6D ~ Canon Speedlite 580EXII x 2 ~ Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro ~ Canon 50mm f1.8 ~ Canon 17-85mm f4-5.6 ~ Canon 16-35mm ~ Canon 70-200mm f2.8 ~ Photoshop CC ~ Lightroom Classic CC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are a weird mob, are we not. We strive to take photo's of things that are non violent, alive and vibrant. but we read things of death and destruction.

Back to Basics
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, but Geoff ..... far better reading about it than acting it out!

Shore Crawler
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, yea a good escape - and ... I want to be George RR Martin's health advisor - he NEEDS to stay alive to finish it off but he doesn't look or sound very heatlhy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, Yes.... But is there an ending. The way characters come and go you just never know. We all might be dead before the book ends.
    Last edited by geoffsta; 10-04-2011 at 6:02pm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has given me an idea for a competition to create a scene from a members favorite book. It would have to be over a month for members to get them in.
    It would have to be an outside scene, non candid. So the member has to create the scene, not just take a snap of an area and say it's from a certain book.

Any thoughts.

Shore Crawler
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice thought geoff - I think I'd have a ton from Scotland and Wester Ross in particular that would fit in with George RR Martin's books

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the shots I've seen of Scotland would be great as the theme. But could you get a couple of mates to dress up so that you could photoshop them into the scene. Like a dwarf without a nose with a blonde patting him on the head, or a person thats pure white with bright blue eyes. Or even a direwolf running through the snow.

Shore Crawler
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could find someone light up a sword for tHoros or stannis lol - actually, someone has done that in the portrait forum I think

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since the start of this thread I've been looking for sites around my area that I could use to create my image... Snowing up at Mt Hotham at the moment.. 1 1/2 hours drive away. Might go up there on Sunday. Have to work Saturday though. I'd think I'd have trouble finding people with longish hair, a beard and wearing a bear skin jumper with a hoodie

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast